Best program to monitor CPU/GPU usage (and potentially voltage?)

OldWorld

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
Hey guys, I've got a GTX 780ti and an i5 2550k 4.5GHz, and I fear that they're not being utilized to their full potential. Could you guys please recommend me a program to monitor CPU/GPU usage (and potentially voltage)?

When I have the program running, and have been playing (Battlefield 4 I intend to test) for a while, what usage/voltage should I be seeing?

I've been using HWMonitor to monitor voltage, and my card doesn't go above 0.950V. I read somewhere that it's able to go to 2.000V. Is something wrong with my card?

Many thanks in advance.

Solution

First off, I would never "copy" someone else's overclock. Use others as an approximation. I use MSI Afterburner cuz it has excellent features and can be used with any GPU (to the best of my knowledge). I created a fan profile and boosted my Core Clock: 1040 to 1100MHz and Memory Clock: 6000MHz to 6200MHz. Modest...

The way I up my Core and Memory Clock is by uping one at a time. Slowly add +10MHz...
Are you getting solid 60+ fps in BF4 on Ultra? If so then you are probably doing fine. I wouldn't be worried about voltage so much. I use 2 programs for checking temps/voltages/speed...Open Hardware Monitor and CPUID HWMonitor. Other than that I set GPU settings in MSI's Afterburner software. (it works on all GPUs)

Download MSI Afterburner but don't touch the Voltage. Then add a +10% Power Limit boost. Also, add a slight Core and Memory overclock.

OldWorld

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
Oh, I was using EVGA Precision-X to overclock my GPU somewhat, is it safe to use Afterburner instead? When you say slight, how slight is slight? I've got my GPU Clock Offset to +133MHz and my Mem Clock Offset to 337MHz (just copied someone else's overclock). What would you recommend I set the Core and Memory overclock?

Thanks again.

First off, I would never "copy" someone else's overclock. Use others as an approximation. I use MSI Afterburner cuz it has excellent features and can be used with any GPU (to the best of my knowledge). I created a fan profile and boosted my Core Clock: 1040 to 1100MHz and Memory Clock: 6000MHz to 6200MHz. Modest...

The way I up my Core and Memory Clock is by uping one at a time. Slowly add +10MHz, if the Core clock fails then I back down. Afterwards, I repeat for Memory Clock. Once stability is achieved then I try to adjust both, and then I stress the system with both the settings. If it doesn't work I back them down a bit. (Hope that helps)

Solution