[SOLVED] Best PSU possible with limited availability

Jul 15, 2020
Hi everyone!

I'm planning to build a new PC. I've bought all the components except for the power supply. The components I have are these:
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X
  • GPU: ASRock RX 5500TX Challenger 8GB
  • Mother: ASUS Prime A320M-K
  • RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz
  • Storage: 1xSSD 240GB and 1xHDD 500GB
The thing is that where I live in (Argentina) it is not that easy to find a Corsair or Seasonic power supply, let alone at a reasonable price. The brands I see the most are Gamemax, Aerocool, Thermaltake, LNZ, Noganet, Sentey. Are they any good? I don't plan to do overclocking or anything, I just want my components to be safe and the computer to have a lifetime as long as possible.

Could you please help me pick a decent PSU? I'd be happy spending less than ARS10,000 (to give you some idea, that's around a third of the price I paid for the CPU), because anything above that would be too expensive for my current budget. Some of the available PSUs in my country may be found here, here, here or here. I can try to find some more websites if you need.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
The Seasonic M12ii is an older design, but solid. I've never purchased a used PSU, though.

I believe that the GQ is one of the good models from EVGA, so that would be worthwhile.
Jul 15, 2020
I'm given to understand that the Toughpower series from Thermaltake are good. But NOT their LitePower, TR2, or Smart series.

I've looked it up and I haven't found any of that series in my country.

I have, however, found some good PSUs but they are used. For instance, I found a Seasonic 620W supply but it has been used for a year (according to the seller). Would it be wise to buy a used PSU? Are they usually worn out?

EDIT: I found a pretty good deal I think. What about this EVGA 750 W 80+? Would it be ok for my build?

Last edited: