Question Best PSU under $150 or 10K INR in 2020

Jayant Arora

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2014
I have Seasonic S12ii 620W which iv'e been using since 2015, never gave me any issues.
Until i cane to know by this forum it's outdated / obsolete by 2020 standards. Here's my thread post LINK

Please consider following and help with a good buying decision:
  1. It should not be obsolete for a span of at least 5 years and reliable.
  2. I Live in India so : All US brands will cost me USD Retail Price + 22% Tax, Asian brands will cost same however and EVGA is not available.
  3. I can afford $150-170 Max.
  4. I will buy by end of 2020 so there's no hurry.
  5. Need at least gold standard and min 850 Watt or greater.
  6. I will be running mainly 3700X and min RTX 3080 or 6900X something similar as GPU with custom water loop.
One Option that i see fit: Antec HCG 1000 Extreme LINK

Please give some good advice.

are the prices on this homepage including tax? Because there's a Corsair RM750 (which should be more than enough) available for ₹10,099

₹10,930 buy the 850W Phanteks Revolt Pro, which is made by Seasonic and pretty decent as well

the Antec HCG is also based on a Seasonic Platform, it's a modified Seasonic Focus but they somehow managed to make it worse for some reason. it's not too bad, a tad noisy for my taste and from what I'm reading the choice in cables is rather uncomfortable to work with.

EDIT: I saw you've linked the HCG Extreme. This didn't do so well in the 2 reviews I've read. for that price I'd rather go with Corsair/Phanteks

Jayant Arora

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2014
are the prices on this homepage including tax? Because there's a Corsair RM750 (which should be more than enough) available for ₹10,099

₹10,930 buy the 850W Phanteks Revolt Pro, which is made by Seasonic and pretty decent as well

the Antec HCG is also based on a Seasonic Platform, it's a modified Seasonic Focus but they somehow managed to make it worse for some reason. it's not too bad, a tad noisy for my taste and from what I'm reading the choice in cables is rather uncomfortable to work with.

EDIT: I saw you've linked the HCG Extreme. This didn't do so well in the 2 reviews I've read. for that price I'd rather go with Corsair/Phanteks
Yes prices mentioned including taxes.

Why 850W though? Are you running Multi GPU Setup or TR4? Chances are you won't need 850W, 650W is enough for mainstream platforms. The Phanteks might be a good deal for now, but it's not absolutely necessary to set the bar on 850W.

Last edited:

Jayant Arora

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2014
Why 850W though? Are you running Multi GPU Setup or TR4? Chances are you won't need 850W, 650W is enough for mainstream platforms. The Phanteks might be a good deal for now, but it's not absolutely necessary to set the bar on 850W.
Yea i know that, but hey i already have. 620w psu, it didn't worked out so well cheapying out, i will be moving to 16 core or multi gpu may be in future like in 3years.

Yea i know that, but hey i already have. 620w psu, it didn't worked out so well cheapying out, i will be moving to 16 core or multi gpu may be in future like in 3years.
16 Core (3950X) is fine with 650W. Don't worry about the wattage on your S12II, they were worried about the S12II, not the 620W. If you're planning to get a multi GPU setup, then power to you. Only then the 850 W makes the most sense.

Jayant Arora

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2014
16 Core (3950X) is fine with 650W. Don't worry about the wattage on your S12II, they were worried about the S12II, not the 620W. If you're planning to get a multi GPU setup, then power to you. Only then the 850 W makes the most sense.
i know anything above 600W is above my requirement, Issue is not the wattage , my S12II psu is heating up on load, see thread link i posted on top LINK for heating issue , it was advised to change my psu, so i posted this thread in hunt to find a good psu.