best r9 280x not overclocked?

Stephanie De Leon

Reputable
Aug 4, 2014
I was wondering which does everyone consider to be the best performing 280x gpu without having to be overclocked? Please consider cooling, performance, and noise last or simply as a tie breaker.

Solution
280x Sapphire Toxic is what I currently own, and from what I remember, it is the highest stock Overclock, the 2nd most quiet (maybe 3rd now the Viper-X is out)

The Asus Direct CU IIwas close but was let down by the aluminium heatpipes (copper is best)

Andrew Buck

Honorable

The MSI Twin Frozr is a great card and its cooler is the quietest and most effective. That is why I use Twin Frozr on both of my cards.

Stephanie De Leon

Reputable
Aug 4, 2014
Ive read reviews from the brands on their respective sites but im looking for a more hands on detailed perspective seeing as the websites wont tell you the small bad things that some cards seem to have or the high rma rate etc. Im looking for information and experienced intel you cant get from reading a manufacturers website.

SproutyPC

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2013
280x Sapphire Toxic is what I currently own, and from what I remember, it is the highest stock Overclock, the 2nd most quiet (maybe 3rd now the Viper-X is out)

The Asus Direct CU IIwas close but was let down by the aluminium heatpipes (copper is best)

Solution