[SOLVED] Best Ram for z170 progaming

Agentlekiller

Reputable
Jul 22, 2020
Hi,

(In short) what's the best Ram for Z170 pro gaming? I'm. ok flat screen gaming just chasing valve index FPS increases.

(Long) I was considering upgrading my cpu when I broke a pin on my motherboard. After chatting here and spending to long googling and watching YouTube I've decided the 6700k can stay for now and I'm going to get another Z170 Mobo 2nd hand for £50 max. As the cpu prices seem to have gone mad (10900k £600 and I'll need a new motherboard and PSU). I'm just going to buy the next cpu at launch and spend then. When chatting here I was told the Ram would be a good upgrade and to get 32gb. Any suggestions? price to performance ratio? Or should I not?

Solution
Hi,

(In short) what's the best Ram for Z170 pro gaming? I'm. ok flat screen gaming just chasing valve index FPS increases.

(Long) I was considering upgrading my cpu when I broke a pin on my motherboard. After chatting here and spending to long googling and watching YouTube I've decided the 6700k can stay for now and I'm going to get another Z170 Mobo 2nd hand for £50 max. As the cpu prices seem to have gone mad (10900k £600 and I'll need a new motherboard and PSU). I'm just going to buy the next cpu at launch and spend then. When chatting here I was told the Ram would be a good upgrade and to get 32gb. Any suggestions? price to performance ratio? Or should I not?

The difference in performance for different RAM manufactureres...
Hi,

The difference in performance for different RAM manufactureres and speeds is minimal especially for Intel. I would get 3200-3600mhz (I would recommend 3600mhz) RAM as that is the sweet spot for price and performance.

Also 32GB is somewhat overkill for just a gaming computer, if you stream or have other apps running while you game then 32GB might be worth it then.

Also check for Z270 boards as they may be cheaper and will support the 6700K.

Solution