[SOLVED] Best/Recommended Driver for Ryzen 5 3400G

aldoustabuzo1290

Reputable
Dec 22, 2018
Hello!

I've updated to my drivers to Radeon 21.4.2 which was released April 20, 2021. Ever since genshin impact has been crashing. I have experienced blue BSOD. I can't remember the past driver version I'm on. What driver version should I get? Any recommendations/suggestions? Thanks

Setup:
Ryzen 5 3400G
2x8 3200MHz RAM
128gb SSD + 1TB HDD
450 W PSU
no GPU

Windows version:
Windows 10 20H2 (recently updated like 1 or 2 weeks ago)

Solution
The best driver version for anything is usually the latest WHQL version. When you run into issues after updating to a WHQL driver, it is usually a system-specific quirk most people will never encounter and can be very difficult to sort out.

The 3400G is relatively old so its drivers should have matured a long time ago, you can probably try drivers from a year ago without losing much if you feel like drivers are really it.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Make and model of your motherboard and the BIOS version you're currently on? What is the make and model of your SSD? Might want to check and see if it's got any firmware updates pending. As for your GPU drivers, might want to make sure you've downloaded the latest installer from AMD's support site, then used DDU to uninstall the drivers, then reboot and install said drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

aldoustabuzo1290

Reputable
Dec 22, 2018
Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Make and model of your motherboard and the BIOS version you're currently on? What is the make and model of your SSD?

PSU: Corsair VS450
Motherboard: Gigabyte b450m-ds3h
SSD: Kingston something 128gb (can't remember)
BIOS version: American megatrends inc. F42h, 10/18/2019

Might want to check and see if it's got any firmware updates pending.

How to do this? hehe.

As for your GPU drivers, might want to make sure you've downloaded the latest installer from AMD's support site, then used DDU to uninstall the drivers, then reboot and install said drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Yes I've downloaded latest installer from AMD's support site. I just install it normally. I'm too afraid to use DDU :(

TheJoker2020

Commendable
Oct 13, 2020
How to do this? hehe.

CPU-Z is an easy way to do the first part of this >>> https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

It should tell you the motherboard, the "version" and the BIOS installed, if it doesnt tell you the motherboard version you have to look on the Motherboard between the CPU socket and the graphics card slot (as seen in the pictures) the version is printed on the Motherboard.

Look here >>> https://www.gigabyte.com/Search?kw=B450M+DS3H#Products-2-1

There are 3 options for you for this Motherboard, make certain you know which version of the Motherboard you are using and go there, then follow the BIOS option to see what versions there are vs what is installed.

Once you have done that, get back here and someone can help you on the next steps (if needed) as I am not familiar with the current Gigabyte BIOS update procedure (usually pretty easy, but I have got to go now).

Good luck.

InvalidError

Titan
The best driver version for anything is usually the latest WHQL version. When you run into issues after updating to a WHQL driver, it is usually a system-specific quirk most people will never encounter and can be very difficult to sort out.

The 3400G is relatively old so its drivers should have matured a long time ago, you can probably try drivers from a year ago without losing much if you feel like drivers are really it.

Reactions: TheJoker2020
Solution