I like how Lenovo is durable.
.I like how Microsoft surface is high res

Will be using it for the Khan academy

Gregg101

Great
Jul 21, 2019
This is really killing me guys
I want the best laptop for the money,
It does seem like a refurbished laptop for the price of the Acer 5 slim on Amazon Best sellers will be the better dealio

Sagar_20

Distinguished
You need to set your priority.

If you need something powerful and game-ready, go to ebay and search for GTX 1050 Ti laptop and set the max price to 350.

Now, you'll be able to see some great deals.

Just make sure to check sellers feedback before buying.

If lucky, you might even get some GTX 1060 laptop with that budget.

but if you need something thin and light, you can look for Microsoft Surface Pro's.

Gregg101

Great
Jul 21, 2019
Is the quality generally higher in the surface laptop since it's bigger there is more space for parts?

Is it handy having the screen being detachable?

Best used systems are the Lenovo ThinkPads, T models for the mid size models.

T430/440/450, maybe the slim s versions, with a new solid state and clean Windows setup is my favorite laptop setup for under $500. I don't know anything new you can get for under about $500 will have the same quality or reliability as a 5 or 6 year old ThinkPad. My main system is a W520, those models came out in 2011. 4 RAM slots, plenty of space for several drives for storage, runs like new. Only catch is finding good batteries for them, you may need to spend another $50 or so for a new Lenovo battery.

And don't post a bunch of threads on the same topic then reply every 10 minutes, compose your thoughts and post once. We try to keep the forums pretty cleaned up from duplicates and wasted space. Edit your first post don't reply to it unless you are replying to someone else. You have over 60 posts and about 8 new threads about the same "looking for laptop" topic, stick with one, do research, don't just stick every random thought you have on the forums.

Last edited: