Best Replayable Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixel13

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
The replayability factors for Skyrim are also there for TES IV, Oblivion and TES III, Morrowind. I've replayed each of those more even than I have Skyrim.

IMO the same can be said for all earlier versiions of "Civilization". Friends and I played Civ 1 over and over for a very long time when it came out.

Most of the others I've not played, though Wing Commander: Privateer is quite replayable, for there are a number of ways to go.

Jon_15

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016
Terraria should definitely be on this list. It may not have a following like Skyrim or Fallout but once you play it you will keep going back. As of this writing I have around 900 hours total in that game.

joz

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Diablo 2 on this list? That's correct.

Diablo 2 not number one? That's incorrect. To gulag with the author!

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
Master of Orion 2
Dark Souls 1 (with all its interconnected back passages to exploit)
Total War Warhammer
Total Annihilation (check out the mod section)

NightBrad

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
Age of Empires 2, Diablo 2, and Fallout NV deserve this list. Borderlands should be on this list, and I'm actually hurt that KOTOR isnt here. Overwatch does not deserve this list, nor Skyrim. And no fighting games? Seriously?

One game that I've played over and over and never seems to get old is "The 7th Guest". I love that game and have never found another like it. Even it's sequel isn't as good.

Agree with D2, but I've never played most of the others even once, so...

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Games like Metro and Doom have great replayability. However, I don't think games like Borderlands, Fallout or even Mass Effect have good replay value.. because a majority of the time you're just an errand boy and that gets boring real quick. Most times if I have to replay one of those types of games I usually leave out all those boring side quests I did during the first playthrough.

alextheblue

Distinguished
I do fondly remember Diablo II but I think Path of Exile is better. Also Factorio is great, especially with nuclear power. Currently doing a no-logistics achievement run with a friend. I don't think I could ever bring myself to do the build-almost-nothing-in-hand run though. Would be a massive PITA to get to the point where the robots do the heavy lifting.

i find it odd that some of you dont think skyrim deserves to be on this kind of this. it is very near a 6 year old game and according to steam lists and other console related poles it is still one of the most played games. compared only to other single player games it is even more impressive. if you took all the mods ever from every other game in history and compared them to skryim mods, they probably still couldn't compare to skyrims mods.

to be fair gta5 should be on the list as, like skyrim, it is one of the greatest video games of all time. many of the others are definitely questionable, but it is a very subjective topic.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series is about 200% more re-playable than the Metro series. Also, for a list made by grown-ups, I cannot fathom how Steel Panthers and Panzer General are not on the list. In my opinion Warhammer 40K: Dark Crusade and Sims 3 deserve a nod as well.

jerramie

Honorable
Mar 16, 2012
SWG best game ever... though it cant be on that list...its MMORPG but.. still... what ever happend? they wrecked it and then gave up on it... a perfectly good game that should not have been touched

Status
Not open for further replies.