Best Router for Xbox Upnp

jeff-j

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
So I have 2 XBox1 and 1 Xbox360 on our network, that are all wireless for the time being. I have a crappy netgear wireless router right now, but occasionally the thing locks up and need to be power cycled. When we have LAN parties and everyone brings their Xbox1 over the router constantly crashes. When we have the parties everyone is hard wired. But Upnp has issues with so many XBoxes. I am looking for a router that can handle the everyday traffic with the occasional traffic from the parties. I would like to keep it under $100, does anyone have any suggestions?

Solution
It is not per-say needing a router for xbox upnp, you just need a router with more cpu and more throughput.

It is over your budget but you cant go wrong with an asus ac68p (or 68U/69R/68W). You can find refurb ones for $120 on newegg often.

Next best option would be a TP-LINK archer c7
It is not per-say needing a router for xbox upnp, you just need a router with more cpu and more throughput.

It is over your budget but you cant go wrong with an asus ac68p (or 68U/69R/68W). You can find refurb ones for $120 on newegg often.

Next best option would be a TP-LINK archer c7

Solution