Question Best RTX 2060?

toonboimagic

Reputable
Aug 24, 2016
I am in the market for a new graphics card. I don't really need to overclock or anything. I just want stable frames, my GTX 760 was always the weakest part of my PC, and it needs an upgrade. Can't get me 144 fps constant on a lot of not so demanding games (overwatch with lowest settings, frequently dips in combat).

I'm looking to spend up to $400, and I don't really care much for the extra software that they have to tweak it, I don't need that I just want the basic card. No overclocking for me. What should I get? ASUS/EVGA/MSI/GIGABYTE? I have always had EVGA in the past, but I wouldn't mind trying something else. Are there any reports on which brand is the best? I know Asus and MSI both seem to get good reviews.

Also what exactly do the cards mean when they have O6G/A6G/6G?

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-RTX-Adv...rtx+2060+asus&qid=1558574533&s=gateway&sr=8-9
^also this card says "overclocked" on it. Does that mean it ships like that? I don't think it actually does, but just want to make sure. I haven't bought a new graphics card since 2014 and this seems new again.

Thanks in advance.

heebobo5

Honorable
Sep 29, 2016
I am in the market for a new graphics card. I don't really need to overclock or anything. I just want stable frames, my GTX 760 was always the weakest part of my PC, and it needs an upgrade. Can't get me 144 fps constant on a lot of not so demanding games (overwatch with lowest settings, frequently dips in combat).

I'm looking to spend up to $400, and I don't really care much for the extra software that they have to tweak it, I don't need that I just want the basic card. No overclocking for me. What should I get? ASUS/EVGA/MSI/GIGABYTE? I have always had EVGA in the past, but I wouldn't mind trying something else. Are there any reports on which brand is the best? I know Asus and MSI both seem to get good reviews.

Also what exactly do the cards mean when they have O6G/A6G/6G?

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-RTX-Advanced-Overclocked-DUAL-RTX-2060-A6G/dp/B07MC23VP5/ref=sr_1_9?keywords=rtx+2060+asus&qid=1558574533&s=gateway&sr=8-9
^also this card says "overclocked" on it. Does that mean it ships like that? I don't think it actually does, but just want to make sure. I haven't bought a new graphics card since 2014 and this seems new again.

Thanks in advance.
Whichever is cheapest but the ASUS one you linked is a nice model also with decent overclock out of the box.

Reactions: toonboimagic

toonboimagic

Reputable
Aug 24, 2016
Whichever is cheapest but the ASUS one you linked is a nice model also with decent overclock out of the box.
So it is overclocked out of the box? IE, if I just plugged in without using the ASUS software provided to tune it, it would be Overclocked? How much are these overclocked? Can it be easily handled? Are all the models of this card that have dual fans overclocked?

toonboimagic

Reputable
Aug 24, 2016
That Asus card you linked to topped all of the tech lists I saw as the Best RTX 2060.
So if you can afford it and like it's looks, I say grab it.
If you want to save some cash and still get good performance the Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2060 was listed as the second choice on most of those same lists.
Do you have any of those lists by chance? Thanks.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador

PS
The 3 fan cards are Very long so make SURE they fit in your case before you consider one of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: toonboimagic