Question Best RTX 2080ti? Is there a difference?

Apr 16, 2019
Build:
CPU- i9-9900K
Mobo: Maximus Hero XI
RAM: 32gb 3200 Ripjaws V
HD: 1tb ssung 970 Pro
Case: Dark Pro 900r2

It seems that every site/forum/post has a different idea of what RTX 2080ti is the best. Is there a huge difference between the mid level cards (i.e. Not the cheap 2 fans, and not the liquid cooled)?

Been looking at the ROG Strix, MSI Gaming Trio, and a few others.
Are they generally going to perform the same?
The GamingXtrio has the advantage of 0% interest pay over 5 months which is enticing. Worth it?

Thanks!

I think that (to me) the performance differences between the different manufacturers are small enough not to matter.

I stick with manufacturers that I've had good luck.

I've had good luck with NVidia FE cards and ASUS cards......so I stick with them.

I just bought an NVidia RTX 2080 Ti.

Yes it's probably a little slower than some of the other ones...but it does what I need it to do.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
The GamingXtrio has the advantage of 0% interest pay over 5 months which is enticing. Worth it?
You can finance a graphics card? Weird.

Anyway, no, there's not a significant performance difference from one card to another. Biggest difference is the cooler, one model might run a bit cooler and/or quieter than another. Would have to look at reviews to see how the cooler performs.

Apr 16, 2019
You can finance a graphics card? Weird.

Anyway, no, there's not a significant performance difference from one card to another. Biggest difference is the cooler, one model might run a bit cooler and/or quieter than another. Would have to look at reviews to see how the cooler performs.

It's just an option on amazon for certain big ticket items. You have to be in 'good standing' with amazon (ie not a bunch of suspect returns or whatever) and I think have to spend over X amount with them? It only started appearing on things for me after I dropped a ton on a 4k oled late last year.

Is that certain chip still killing 2080ti's or has that mostly been ironed out by now?

mr91

Distinguished
All the cards you mentioned are good. Just pick the one you like. I've had Asus Cards, Nvidia founders edition in the past and a 2080 ti MSI Duke as my current card.

If you prefer the financing option then go for the TRIO.