Question Best setup for my new Arctic Freezer II 240m ?

Mar 5, 2023
So I'm getting Arctic Freezer II 240m, which I'm quite excited, as I've seen benchmarks and reviews, so I guess should handle with my i9 10900k pretty good. Hopefully 🙈.

But in my NZXT H5 Flow Case, I can mount it either at the front (2x 140mm Fans at the moment) or at the top, but it will exhaust hot air, so it'll be hotter after longer sessions, even if the radiator is quite thick.

So on other hand, I could mount at the top but as an intake, but there's also warmer air above the case, and it will be next to the rear fan, so it'll suck air from there as well.

Can you tell me guys what set up is best in your opinion ? Some advice please ? 🙈

So I'm getting Arctic Freezer II 240m, which I'm quite excited, as I've seen benchmarks and reviews, so I guess should handle with my i9 10900k pretty good. Hopefully 🙈.

But in my NZXT H5 Flow Case, I can mount it either at the front (2x 140mm Fans at the moment) or at the top, but it will exhaust hot air, so it'll be hotter after longer sessions, even if the radiator is quite thick.

So on other hand, I could mount at the top but as an intake, but there's also warmer air above the case, and it will be next to the rear fan, so it'll suck air from there as well.

Can you tell me guys what set up is best in your opinion ? Some advice please ? 🙈
In front as intake it's better for cooling CPU but adds some heat to the case. Then you need at least that much as exhaust in case fans maybe even some more which would pull cool air from other openings in the case and counter any heat added by radiator.

Mar 5, 2023
In front as intake it's better for cooling CPU but adds some heat to the case. Then you need at least that much as exhaust in case fans maybe even some more which would pull cool air from other openings in the case and counter any heat added by radiator.

That case, have one extra fan on the bottom, blowing frash air direct onto GPU. So I guess I could mount it at front, but there is a small issue.

At front I have 2x ARGB Be Quiet High speed with 9 blades and better static air, which could be good as for the cooling and I'd like to keep them there, but the radiator is 240. The bracket mounting in NZXT at the front, allowing me to mount the 240 radiator first, and then 140fans at front of if, screw it to bracket. But I don't think it'll be working alright.

I have also same Be Quiet fans but 120 and only with 7 blades mainly for case cooling.

So no idea how to properly mount it 🙈

Mounting an aio is a catch 22 thing.
If you mount in front, your cpu will do best because the radiator is getting fresh air.
But, your motherboard vrm's and graphics card will be getting the warm exhaust.

OTOH, if you mount the radiator up top you normally want to have the radiator exhausting out the top.
The motherboard and gpu will do very well, but the cpu will not be cooled to the max.
I would not try the option to take in fresh air from the top and dump it into the case.
You really want to get heat OUT of the case asap.

What is the main purpose of this pc?
If it is for multithreaded processing heat of 20 fully loaded threads can be considerable.
I would use a front mount for that.

OTOH if this is for gaming, you will only be activating a handful of cores so heat is not such a big issue and a top mount would be my choice.

Actually, a good twin tower air cooler would do as well.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Can you tell me guys what set up is best in your opinion ? Some advice please ?
There is no best, there was always a tradeoff somewhere, so use your own judgement. Test the configurations you're interested in, compare, and roll with the 'winner'.

The original H500 lacked ventilation for both intake and exhaust, so cooling became increasingly harder to manage with higher power consuming components. It's also terrible for AIO/CLC radiators.
The Flow has improved ventilation and is more AIO friendly.

Reactions: CountMike