best single slot gpu

shanetemple14

Reputable
Nov 2, 2014
as the title suggests i need to know the best single slot gpu you can buy as i have WiFi card in my pc and a normal gpu wont fit any help will be appreciated

thanks in advance

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador

Both double slot cards.

My advice would be to ditch the Wi-Fi card, get a USB version, and then your options will be relatively unlimited in regard to what card you can use. A good USB wireless adapter is only around twenty bucks, whereas any single slot GPU that is worthwhile, if any, will be more expensive since it's specialized.

A USB wireless adapter is probably more capable anyhow since you can place it where you want to get the best signal.

I hope your gaming expectations are low, or that you're a casual gamer, because that's what you're going to get with that. The 750 TI is a low tier entry level card and probably won't allow you to play any demanding titles beyond low settings at 1080p. I really think you'd be much better off removing the Wi-Fi card and using a USB wireless adapter so you're not limited by a single slot, but that's up to you. Maybe the 750 TI is all you need if you don't plan to do any half serious gaming.

shanetemple14

Reputable
Nov 2, 2014
and if i get a usb card it will cut off very often they are not as reliable as internal cards and dont have very good range either.oh and the 750ti can bf4 on medium-high settings fine and i know becuase my mate a few doors down has it

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
GTX 750Ti puts out impressive numbers for being an entry level card (Though the GTX750 really takes that place this generation) And one could make an argument for the GT730 64bit as well.

Plenty of builds with an i3 and a 750ti that post 30FPS in games like Battlefield 4 at 1920x1080 on ultra settings. Dropping to medium settings and I imagine it will do quite well.

Struggles a bit on the latest and greatest titles, but that is all a matter of settings. Drop to 1280x720 and it should be able to run almost anything.

jtabb1256

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014

The company supplies your internet services may have one. I have ATT Uverse, and all I had to do was ask them for a usb wifi adapter that would work for my system.

shanetemple14

Reputable
Nov 2, 2014

wow have not looked at this thread in a long time, i didnt go for any single slot in the end, i ended up buying a new motherboard and cpu and ditched the wifi card and got a powerline plug for my pc, i then went and bought the GTX 960 and have overclocked and its been great since :D

shanetemple14

Reputable
Nov 2, 2014

if i had enough money to buy any quadro card, i would not have asked on this thread as i would have just gone and bought a whole new PC at the time XD