Best size for triple monitor: 23 inches or 27 inches?

TaurXCI

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014
Hello i was wondering what would be a good size for a triple monitor setup, i normally sit about 2.5 feet from my screen.

I am planning to get the mx series from asus which is frameless but i dunno if i should go with 23 or 27 inches.

I heard some people saying that 27 is the way to go cause is bigger and is a better inmersion but i heard other people saying that anything larger than 24 is worthless and probably will make the gameplay hard cause the neck rotation.

also i was wondering if you could tell me how much frames i could get in bf4 with 2 780ti direct cu ii oc version at this resolution at ultra and probably very high.

And the most important question triple 27 would fit in this desk?

my actual monitor is a panoramic one from asus 2560 x 1080 and is longer than the normal resolution monitor.

15748737368_db4f69e8ff_h.jpg

15935511122_65d9638fd9_h.jpg

and that's all people, i will leave my flickr account here if you want to check my rig and as always thanks in advance. :)

Rig pics in Flickr

No one knows if it will fit the desk. Why not get the exact dimensions of hte monitor and make some cardboard mockups, and place them on the desk, and see if one, they fit, and two, if you have to turn 90 degrees just to see the outside screens. Your tower, laptop, and UPS will have all have to go.

TaurXCI

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014
thanks for the quick reply, yes definitely the laptop will go in the other hand the tower cant go cause is over an extra mini table i found and placed next to the desk so that is not part of the actual office desk, but what about the 27 over the 23 almost 24, is worth it in case it fits?

mfaulk

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015
i too am interested in an answer about the monitors, to eventually have a triple setup. i can offer some mediocre advice though. my brother has dual 24 inches and they are pretty damn large on an average desk like his, or yours. i personally plan to pick up a deal i found on craigslist of two desks measuring 5 feet each which i can make into a 10 foot desk or a 5x5 L shaped.