Best 'Skyrim' Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnimeMania

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014
I usually turn Skyrim on about once a week just to hunt some animals. Are there any good mods for hunting, like adding various animals, and making the rewards they give you more exciting? You don't know how many times I shot a wild goat and nothing was inside. Nothing too elaborate, since I am a very casual player.

jawnTEM

Distinguished
May 4, 2011
I must be missing something? I was expecting a list of mods along with links? Not that I don't have a plethora of them already. As for The Elder Scrolls series, I played Morrowind for about 13 years and collected something like 8 or 9 thousand different mods. Oblivion, not so much; but, Skyrim, even as finicky as it is, is an exceptional game, made more so from community mods.

iguanac64

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011
I've never played Skyrim with mods. I finally reloaded it to finish it, and went through the built-in mod system and it told me it would disable achievements if I activated any mods. I just want the mods that make the game better to look at. Does enabling mods outside of that system disable achievements, too?

SamSerious

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
I started playing Skyrim two month ago. However im too scared of causing even more bugs to try out mods. At least the graphics in the special edition on steam is quite nice anyway and everything runs nicely on max settings on a 1050ti.

Enderal: An immersive total conversion mod. There's something to remember about this one: No Skyrim and Enderal at the same time.... unless you have Skyrim SE for Skyrim, and the older Skyrim for Enderal. Otherwise you'll need two installs of Skyrim, with one dedicated to Enderal... of course this is based on the premise you don't want to install and uninstall Enderal all the time.

Also, I have not heard of an Enderal update for SE. As to the other mods? I'd assume they are all original Skyrim based... compatibility with SE might be good or it might be a total fail. I think it might also look for the script extenders for Skyrim, as it does for Fallout 4.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
This is more like a random list of suggestions, rather than the best of the best. For instance what about immersive sounds? Improvements to the default map? Just way to many to list -- most of the few listed in this article really don't stand out all that much. Also clearly not meant for PC gamers because it doesn't list SkyUI which is probably the most downloaded mod and a must have for the non-SE version (although older versions of SkyUI will mostly work on Skyrim SE because they did not require the script extender which is still M.I.A for Skyrim SE). A better title would be "Some Nice Suggestions to Add To Your Skyrim Mod List".

Olle P

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
One of the more essential mods is an unofficial bugfix. :)

I'd say that most of them aren't even available for SE, but I might be wrong.

I've never understood how to make the script extender work with Steam.
The game just won't start or crash almost immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.