[SOLVED] Best software for file recovery ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
What's the best software for recovering lost files on pc and phones?
There is no singular 'best'.
It depends on the reason and mechanism of the loss.

The real best way is prevention. Accidents happen, backups let you recover from those accidents.

USAFRet

Titan
What's the best software for recovering lost files on pc and phones?
There is no singular 'best'.
It depends on the reason and mechanism of the loss.

The real best way is prevention. Accidents happen, backups let you recover from those accidents.

Solution

Oasis Curator

Reputable
Apr 9, 2019
EaseUS is also pretty good (for PCs). I used it and it did recover many files, including the ones I wanted but the actual files were corrupt so couldn't be opened in the program. Shame but not a huge loss.

People who say "best way is prevention" are unhelpful - the person cannot turn back time and stop the data deletion.

USAFRet

Titan
EaseUS is also pretty good (for PCs). I used it and it did recover many files, including the ones I wanted but the actual files were corrupt so couldn't be opened in the program. Shame but not a huge loss.

People who say "best way is prevention" are unhelpful - the person cannot turn back time and stop the data deletion.
No, that is QUITE helpful.
Maybe not to the OP, but someone else reading this may benefit in the future.

And to the question of "best"...there is no best.
It depends on "how" this data was lost.
Accidental deletion is different than formatting is different than frying the drive is different than dropping your phone in water is different than forgetting your TikToc password.......

Status
Not open for further replies.