[SOLVED] Best software to create/manage a music playlist?

brian badonde

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
Hi I used to use groove music until microsoft ruined it but I couldn't export the playlists anywhere so I've not been using any playlists for a while. I want to know what would be the best software to create playlists that can be saved in a format that is widely compatible like .m3u or something similar.

I have my phone set to regularly sync to my music folder so the hope is I could use the same playlists on my pc + mobile I'm just a bit lost on how to best go a bout doing it.

Thanks.

brian badonde

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
Old'n'rusty WMP (Windows Media Player)?
I think wmp saves as its own specific format by default doesnt it? I've been using AIMP for awhile but it saves in aimpll or something lile that.

I've been googling and I think all i really need to get this going is a media player that saves playlists as .m3u or .xspf by default. There's got to be one it would be insane if they all had their own formats. You got any ideas? VLC?

Sagar_20

Distinguished
Use VLC Media Player.

It supports codecs and file formats that many media players doesn't and allows to control the playback using keyboard shortcuts.

File formats like 3gp, flv, mkv, etc doesn't natively run on windows media player.

For Android though, Google music and power amp works the best.

brian badonde

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
It took me years to finally pull the cord the WMP, but I switched to MusicBee and so glad I did! This topic may be of interest to you:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15727.0

I downloaded a bunch of programs on desktop and a load of apps and I can't believe how good musicbee is, how did I never find this before? also using rocket player on android as it instantly finds the playlists.

Thanks guys.