[SOLVED] Best solution for Streaming

JacobiOneKanobi

Reputable
Mar 20, 2019
I have an issue hoping someone can give me advice. I want to get into streaming but I don't think I have a balanced system. I have a main ultrawide display and an 16:9 display as well. I tried streaming once and the stream was lagging tremendously.
Specs of PC:
Rtx 2060
i5 9400f
32gb ram

I am guessing that my system is just unbalanced and can't stream with a processor like that and an ultrawide. Anyone have any solutions?

Solution
The only thing making your PC lopsided for streaming is the cpu. Simply not enough threads(6) to do both gaming and streaming.
You'd be looking at:
A)9700K, an aftermarket cooler, and a capture card. I'm not 100% sure the combo of 9700K and capture card is good enough, so someone please quote and correct me on this.

B)9900K and an aftermarket cooler. Oh, and depending on your current motherboard, you might even need a new one. The 9900K is bloody drunk on power, and can overwhelm cheaper boards lacking VRM heatsinks even on it's stock settings.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The only thing making your PC lopsided for streaming is the cpu. Simply not enough threads(6) to do both gaming and streaming.
You'd be looking at:
A)9700K, an aftermarket cooler, and a capture card. I'm not 100% sure the combo of 9700K and capture card is good enough, so someone please quote and correct me on this.

B)9900K and an aftermarket cooler. Oh, and depending on your current motherboard, you might even need a new one. The 9900K is bloody drunk on power, and can overwhelm cheaper boards lacking VRM heatsinks even on it's stock settings.

Solution

JacobiOneKanobi

Reputable
Mar 20, 2019
You'd be looking at:

Thanks! I have done some research and I do see that I would need a new motherboard along with a i9. What about ryzen processors? Do have an opinion on them.

WildCard999

Titan
Try streaming off the GPU and not the CPU. Doing so you may have to lower the graphic settings a bit but it may provide a much better streaming experience without having to spend more money on the build.

As for upgrading I wouldn't replace the CPU for a "better" 9th gen. Instead I would sell the 9400F/Motherboard and go 10th gen Intel as the i5's are actually hyperthreaded (i5-10400, 6C/12T).