Best sound card under £25?

AndyC53

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013
Hi community,
I am finally going to build my first gaming/multimedia rig and was wondering what sound card I could get to deliver extra crisp sound to go with my Logitech Z323 Speaker System.
I will be gaming, listening to music, watching HD vids . . .etc.
Also: Please can all of your recommended sound cards come from Amazon UK please. :)

Solution
Stick with your integrated adapter. Sound cards won't improve audio quality, they often diminish it. The only reason I would buy a sound card is if I needed some other inputs/outputs that are not provided by the integrated adapter. Sound cards may come with software that modifies certain aspects or more output power thus giving you the impression of better quality.
You're better off putting that money towards other components, or a set of good headphones. I will get hated on by audiophiles, but the truth of the matter is that dedicated audio cards do not magically give you better quality.

Spac3nerd

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
Stick with your integrated adapter. Sound cards won't improve audio quality, they often diminish it. The only reason I would buy a sound card is if I needed some other inputs/outputs that are not provided by the integrated adapter. Sound cards may come with software that modifies certain aspects or more output power thus giving you the impression of better quality.
You're better off putting that money towards other components, or a set of good headphones. I will get hated on by audiophiles, but the truth of the matter is that dedicated audio cards do not magically give you better quality.

Solution

AndyC53

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013

OK. Thanks to both you guys, I will leave the money to spend on something else. Both really good answers . . . don't know which one to pick!

TRENDING THREADS