Best Speed Shift EPP value for cpu & gaming performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2018
Hey guys, this is my specs:
I3 6006u 2GHZ
Geforce 940mx GDDR5 (2GB Vram)
2x4GB DDR4 Ram (Dual Channel)
recently i installed a program called (Throttlestop) and one of its options that i don't have any idea what it means is called (Speed Shift - EPP) and the value can be changed from 0 to 255, i don't care about anything but the gaming performance so as i asked in the title, what is the best value for speed shift epp for having a better performance in gaming ? or if this doesn't do anything with gaming performance what is the best value for overall cpu performance ?

Solution
Delete any resource hogging programs which claim to do what is done automatically anyway...

Let Windows manage the turbo speeds in power management, as long as 'Balanced' is selected in Power Plan, I see no need for any other applications to properly scale up the TUrbo clocks which could/would be done and are done automatically anyway...
Delete any resource hogging programs which claim to do what is done automatically anyway...

Let Windows manage the turbo speeds in power management, as long as 'Balanced' is selected in Power Plan, I see no need for any other applications to properly scale up the TUrbo clocks which could/would be done and are done automatically anyway...

Solution
Jul 13, 2018

Jul 13, 2018
Here is the link to start you off on your journry into speedshift-http://Speedshift is so much faster its pitiful. There is no merit to the answer mdd1963 gave. If you you new about speedshift and that its been proven to be 6 times as fast as speedstep. I created account on here just to see if I could get you to tell why you want to run speedstep which is a 1st and second gen intel processor thing Instead of speedshift which is and intel 6th gen thing .I can tell you this you need to do you some testing and oh yea for those of us that dont have bios support for speedshift then throttlestop is the only way to enable it and right now throttlestop is using .08 mb memory . Check it out and you'll see perormance increases on top of power savings and and this comes from a guy that usually runs maxed out with 100 percent processor and everything turned wide open.To put it simply Speedshift was built into processors so its faster at turn processor speed up and down(way faster) and the way we normally do it with power management is purely windows OS controlling our turbo. Go do about 2 solid days reading.

Jul 13, 2018

Jul 13, 2018
Yes run speedshift and turn speedstep off and youll need to set throttlestop up where it starts at startup. That number is the performance of your speedshift and 128 would be balanced.Lower is faster with 0 being purely as fast as possible. It is faster by alot .I never have used a blanced power plan in the past but with speedshift run mine on 16 and at idle an i5 7200u stays around 2 ghz at idle but then if i start to do anything it immediately shoots to max turbo speed. There is no waiting before it maxes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.