Best SSDs For The Money: August 2012 (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PRICING screwed up?

The pricing was way off on some, then I clicked refresh and it changed significantly (Samsung EVO went from $150 to $90 approx). However, I scrolled down the page and went up and the prices are back (EVO is back to $150).

Also, the chart prices don't all match up with the ones below.

Something messed up with the Amazon auto refreshing of prices or something.

G

For the Samsung 850 EVO i read in the above chart "3bit MLC". Is this correct ? On other sites I read that the 850 EVO has TLC and the PRO has MLC.

CRamseyer

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2015
3bit MLC means TLC. I'm not sure who changed it. Samsung likes to say 3bit multi-level cell which is technically accurate. Most of us just call it TLC.

jqwest303

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
come on tomshardware, I was going to buy the MyDigitalSSD BP5e, then checked newegg and 8 negative reviews about drive's dying within 1-2 month usage. Then on a conspiracy of sorts, checked newegg again next day and only 2 negative reviews now for drive. Seems newegg and Mydigital are working together to get rid of most of the negative reviews to push products after tomshardware gave this drive good score. Just my 2 cents but stay clear of cheap mydigital ssd for now

ifIwasarichman

Reputable
Jun 18, 2014
PRICING screwed up?

The pricing was way off on some, then I clicked refresh and it changed significantly (Samsung EVO went from $150 to $90 approx). However, I scrolled down the page and went up and the prices are back (EVO is back to $150).

Also, the chart prices don't all match up with the ones below.

Something messed up with the Amazon auto refreshing of prices or something.

I agree after scrolling down to the Intel SSD 750 (800GB) and was shocked to see such a high price..
The Intel SSD 750 (800GB) has a price listed at US$1415.52, whilst the 50% larger Intel SSD 750 (1.2TB) is listed at only US$899.99. About a US$500 disparity the wrong way - the cheaper card being shown far more expensive
In actual fact the Intel SSD 750 (800GB) can be found for under US$700, whilst the Intel SSD 750 (1.2TB) is almost US$1000.
Something is definitely wrong with the system at the moment
So I would say DO NOT pay any attention to the Amazon pricing listed here and go to check it out straight off the Amazon website.

All prices quoted straight off Amazon US and are the cheapest on offer at the time of writing.

Post Script
Ahhh computers - why we shouldn't trust them.
We are but mere humans and because of that, we are prone to mistakes. So computers being invented, designed, built, assembled, programed and finally used and abused by we mere humans is obviously going to pick up a glitch or two along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.