Best SSDs For The Money: August 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
I don't recall seeing any longevity testing in a good while. And what about uncorrectable error rates? Are we supposed to simply take manufacturers at their word?

I've been buying Intel 5xx-series and Crucial MX100 and MX200 SSDs, due to their promise of end-to-end error correction. It'd be nice to have some validation of this and see if the uncorrectable error rate really is better than the competition.

And with SSDs reaching faster speeds than ever, it shouldn't even take so long to validate some of manufacturers' claims.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
I bought a Samsung Evo 512 based off all the reviews (both consumer and site) and have not been impressed with it.
I have never once come close to achieving 500mb seq read or write even when brand new.

In fact I get faster speeds from my 4 year old Corsair 120GB SSD than I do my Samsung Evo.

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Just wanted to thank the people at Intel for their excellent NVMe SSD drive, my brother contacted me stuck on db read/write taking forever on his SATAIII, at first I recommend the NVMe drive from Intel but asked him to try SSD, a day later he had the SSD installed and still the R/W was taking too long and taking, then he tried the Intell NVMe drive and the job took day rather than months to finish, thank you Intel for a great product.

kunstderfugue

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
"I bought a Samsung Evo 512 based off all the reviews (both consumer and site) and have not been impressed with it.
I have never once come close to achieving 500mb seq read or write even when brand new.

In fact I get faster speeds from my 4 year old Corsair 120GB SSD than I do my Samsung Evo."

Sounds like you have a malfunctioning drive. Perhaps contact a Samung agent?

Status
Not open for further replies.