Best strategy for smooth gaminng

KingTiger23

Reputable
Aug 29, 2015
having a 1080p 60hz 27" monitor and thinking of upgrading to a 1440p 120hz or 144hz monitor and wondering what the best strategy for having the best smooth and immersive experience as i have experienced a lot of screen tearing in my time gaming always resorting to v sync and wondering if g-sync is worth the money too. currently im running an i7 6700k ddr4 16gb ram and have asus strix 1070ti in the mail on the way.

Solution
1440p 144hz gsync will give you what you want. Variable sync, better suitable resolution for the gpu coupled with high refresh, once you start gaming over 60fps it's hard to watch 60hz.

In 1440p gaming rarely need to use antialiasing, just the resolution on 27" is crisp enough and without the extra overhead of aa allow for more fps.

Can turn Vsync off and gsync will handle things.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
1440p 144hz gsync will give you what you want. Variable sync, better suitable resolution for the gpu coupled with high refresh, once you start gaming over 60fps it's hard to watch 60hz.

In 1440p gaming rarely need to use antialiasing, just the resolution on 27" is crisp enough and without the extra overhead of aa allow for more fps.

Can turn Vsync off and gsync will handle things.

Solution