Best temperature monitoring software?

spencer casey

Honorable
Jun 12, 2014
Hello I just put an i5 4590 in my system and my case is a Rosewill Challenger (with the three fans it comes with no extras) and I wanted to see what my temperatures are and if they are safe so what is the best way to find that? Also if anyone has this case do you think I should keep it or get another case because the one intake fan is mostly blocked by the hard drive cage or should I just install more fans. (I would only get another fan or new case if temperatures are bad)

Solution
Depends on a ton of things like ambient temperature, what cpu cooler you use, and dozens of other things, but I can tell you that with an i5-4690k OCed to 4.5GHz cooled by a Corsair H50, I get around 30C idle, 45-50 gaming, and 75-80 in a prima95 test.

VicVega1

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015
First check your temps and only if something is wrong you can think about adding fans.
Open Hardware Monitor is a good piece of software - allows to monitor all types of things including all sorts of temps, cpu/gpu/ram usage and so on. SpeedFan is good as well to monitor system temps, also gives you the possibilty to control fans, monitor hdd health and all kinds of other stuff.
Core temp or Real Temp are good too, but just for CPU.

VicVega1

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015

It is considered to be the best, but I've been trying out a lot of temp reading software and got same results in OHM, SpeedFan, Core Temp and Real Temp.

spencer casey

Honorable
Jun 12, 2014

What are some safe and good temps for an i5 4590 and R9 270 while playing games? (Right now I am playing Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare Multiplayer)

Archgaull

Admirable
Depends on a ton of things like ambient temperature, what cpu cooler you use, and dozens of other things, but I can tell you that with an i5-4690k OCed to 4.5GHz cooled by a Corsair H50, I get around 30C idle, 45-50 gaming, and 75-80 in a prima95 test.

Solution
G

Personally, I use AIDA64,http:// It'll give you temp readings and speed etc not just for fans, but for just about anything with-in your Rig that as a censor with it, Even BIOS info. The other i use is CPUID HWMonitor Pro, it's somewhat like AIDA64 but not as feature rich.