Question Best thermal paste in 2021

aa1991aa

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2015
Hello, I have an Asus ZENBOOK pro duo laptop i7 9700k and it gets really hot like around 100 oc under load and average 70 ambient. I replaced the thermal paste with Thermal Grizzly Kryonout Extreme but I didn't notice much difference in temperature. Is it because the kryonout extreme is only good for heavy overclocking ? Do I get better results with the regular kryonout ? How about Kingpin cooling Kpx ? It seems like that's a good thermal paste but I didn't find much reviews of it. I'm looking for another suggestion as well, should I replace the stock thermal paste on my pc which has an Asus ryujin 360 ? Does that AIO come with a good pre-installed paste ? I have i9 9900ks on the pc . Thanks :)

On an aside, ASUS claims they're using Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut on the laptop I have, the 2021 Zephyrus G14. The thing still gets up to 90C on the CPU. The only thing I've noticed is it cools down much faster than other laptops I've used.

Considering most laptop cooling systems are directly touching the die and assuming enough pressure has been applied to spread the TIM into a really thin layer, it doesn't matter what TIM you use at this point.

should I replace the stock thermal paste on my pc which has an Asus ryujin 360?
what temperatures are you reaching while idle, while in heavy use like gaming, and while stress testing the CPU?
also what type of fan curve do you have in place?
Does that AIO come with a good pre-installed paste?
the Ryujin 360 doesn't come with any pre-installed thermal paste.
you are expected to add it when you install the CPU plate.

if you purchased a pre-built system that came with the Ryujin installed,
you would have to ask the builder(s) what type they used.

Fluffly Fluff

Reputable
Jul 31, 2019
what temperatures are you reaching while idle, while in heavy use like gaming, and while stress testing the CPU?
also what type of fan curve do you have in place?
the Ryujin 360 doesn't come with any pre-installed thermal paste.
you are expected to add it when you install the CPU plate.

if you purchased a pre-built system that came with the Ryujin installed,
you would have to ask the builder(s) what type they used.

Actually, I have installed two Ryujin 360 Aio coolers and they absolutely do come with pre-installed thermal paste. And it's pretty good quality, to be honest.