[SOLVED] Best time to buy 10 series Nvidia laptop?

Jan 10, 2019
Wanting to buy a new gaming laptop in 2019. The RTX versions will likely be way out of the price range, so I'm looking at 10 series. Any ideas when that range will be ended or go on sale?

Wasn't sure if they normally reduce them towards the end or just keep the prices the same and suddenly stop selling them. Wanting to get the best price but obviously don't want to leave it too late and see them removed from sale.

Thanks for any suggestions

Solution
No idea, I've been watching lots of laptops with 1050, 1050 Ti and 1060s at very good prices at Europe. As the RTX 2060 has just been announced and it's between a 1070 and a 1070 Ti I guess there's still life ahead for mobile medium and low budget graphics cards (1060 and worser), so it depends in the performance you are looking for.

Anyways, the best thing in laptops is that 8th gen i5s are 4 cored and 8 threaded for really low prices being mostly equal to the i7s so I think it's a good moment anyway. And the 3rd gen laptop Ryzens are 12nm so it is very unlikely to see huge improvements in laptop processors until 2020.

Phazoner

Distinguished
No idea, I've been watching lots of laptops with 1050, 1050 Ti and 1060s at very good prices at Europe. As the RTX 2060 has just been announced and it's between a 1070 and a 1070 Ti I guess there's still life ahead for mobile medium and low budget graphics cards (1060 and worser), so it depends in the performance you are looking for.

Anyways, the best thing in laptops is that 8th gen i5s are 4 cored and 8 threaded for really low prices being mostly equal to the i7s so I think it's a good moment anyway. And the 3rd gen laptop Ryzens are 12nm so it is very unlikely to see huge improvements in laptop processors until 2020.

Solution

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Laptops don't normally see too much in the way of production, they'll sell until they're gone.

Given the desktop counterparts are out/on the way out, the laptops won't be too far behind.

The thing is, an 1160 / 2060 based laptop will probably be price competitive with a 1070MQ anyway.... Or within a close margin.
Same could likely be expected of any forthcoming xx50 cards etc too.