[SOLVED] Best to worst prebuilts

Nonkii

Respectable
Jul 27, 2019
Hello. I want to know your opinions on the best prebuilt brands all the way to worst.

Best Regards,
Nonkii

Solution
The toshibas were non gaming laptops.

One was a very cheap laptop (400ish), with horrible build quality. All plastic frame with horrible flex and the HDD failed in under a year. Customer service was hard to understand and unhelpful.

The other one was more expensive ($700 ish). Better quality, but still hard to upgrade + battery replacement was not fun. Also cheap plastics inside broke easily.

I had a dell laptop last ages.

I currently have the guts of 2 dells next to me, working 100%.

Nonkii

Respectable
Jul 27, 2019
Opinions are opinions.

I have some

I personally like dell. Have had a few of them and liked them.
Do not like toshiba. Poor build quality.
Oh ok. Were they gaming or just for personal use and other things.
Why do you ask?

Remember, opinions are like rear ends. Everybody has one and they all stink...
I ask because I have bought from Ibuypower and I am trying to see what good prebuilts there is. But I'm also thinking of building my own pc wich will most likely be a better idea even tbough I don't even know how to replace a graphics card(what a shame).
Thanks.

The toshibas were non gaming laptops.

One was a very cheap laptop (400ish), with horrible build quality. All plastic frame with horrible flex and the HDD failed in under a year. Customer service was hard to understand and unhelpful.

The other one was more expensive ($700 ish). Better quality, but still hard to upgrade + battery replacement was not fun. Also cheap plastics inside broke easily.

Reactions: Nonkii
Solution

Nonkii

Respectable
Jul 27, 2019
The toshibas were non gaming laptops. One was a very cheap laptop, with horrible build quality. All plastic frame, hdd failed in under a year. Customer service was hard to understand and unhelpful.

The other one was more expensive. Better quality, but still hard to upgrade and. Batter replacement was not fun. Also cheap plastics inside broke easily.

Geez. Didn't toshibas stop making laptops?

Nonkii

Respectable
Jul 27, 2019
Yea. That cheaper one was a 2015 manufacturing year.

Not very new, but not long after toshiba stopped making consumer laptops.
I had a dell desktop(win 7) and don't remember the specs. It lasted 5 years until I decided to buy my new pc. That dell was full of viruses but were not harmful at all. Just pop ups and avast wasn't even helful lol. It said 0 viruses found wich was a shame also until I heard about malwarebytes later on.

USAFRet

Titan
I had a dell desktop(win 7) and don't remember the specs. It lasted 5 years until I decided to buy my new pc. That dell was full of viruses but were not harmful at all. Just pop ups and avast wasn't even helful lol. It said 0 viruses found wich was a shame also until I heard about malwarebytes later on.
A Dell does not come with "viruses". Maybe lots of bloatware, but any 'virus' is of the users doing.

Reactions: lynx1021 and Nonkii
I have a 10 year old, low end Tosh laptop.
Built like a tank.
My test box, and has been running Win 10 since Day 1 of the initial Tech Preview.
I think old Toshiba's were better. I have seen 90s toshiba laptops built like tanks.

Maybe not with the newer stuff.

The 2013 toshiba is build alright i guess, but a pain to repair and the plastics are brittle. The plastic area the bottom screws into have mostly all broken.

The 2015 is garbage. The plastics are worse and there isn't an ounce of metal in the chassis.

The board has a spot for a cmos battery holder, but its vacant for cost cutting. Run the battery dead? Your reentering all bios settings.

CPU throttled very hard from the factory. I tore it apart and saw they used a very thick thermal pad on the cpu. I repasted it and the temp difference was very noticable and it didn't throttle anymore.

Could not begin to understand the support techs in india or whatever. All they ever wanted was money to fix my laptop which was pitifully slow ur to the dying hdd.

Reactions: Nonkii

Nonkii

Respectable
Jul 27, 2019
I think old Toshiba's were better. I have seen 90s toshiba laptops built like tanks.

Maybe not with the newer stuff.

The 2013 toshiba is build alright i guess, but a pain to repair and the plastics are brittle. The plastic area the bottom screws into have mostly all broken.

The 2015 is garbage. The plastics are worse and there isn't an ounce of metal in the chassis.

The board has a spot for a cmos battery holder, but its vacant for cost cutting. Run the battery dead? Your reentering all bios settings.

CPU throttled very hard from the factory. I tore it apart and saw they used a very thick thermal pad on the cpu. I repasted it and the temp difference was very noticable and it didn't throttle anymore.

Could not begin to understand the support techs in india or whatever. All they ever wanted was money to fix my laptop which was pitifully slow ur to the dying hdd.
Geez. Why did you keep buying more toshibas if they turned out to be garbage?

lynx1021

Distinguished
I have a C55 Toshiba laptop from 2013 with Windows 8.1that was given to me. It ran like a dog, hard drive only did 86Mbps.
Upgraded it to a 960GB SSD and 16Gb ram and now its a "screamer" !! My C55 was very easy to upgrade.Did not have to take it apart.One screw door over the ram and one over the hard drive. I cloned it to the SSD and put the hard drive up for a backup. I think they still sell laptops in Europe but not in US.