Peter_238

Reputable
Apr 21, 2017
Hi guys!

Currently i have this build (built in early 2018): https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Potterman/saved/#view=nDkMZL

I want to upgrade my gpu (and my cpu if i must), because i want to max out the performance within the 1080p range. My budget is around 160 usd / 140 euro.

Can you help me make the best decision, what gpu should i buy?

Note: I don't want to replace my i3 8100, only if it needed in case of bottlenecking. (I'm on a tight budget)
Note2: The reason of this cpu-board combo is, when i built this pc, at that specific time in my country there weren't any other options for 8th gen intel cpus (in matx form factor), and i wanted to have a future-proof board.

Thx for the help!

Last edited:
Solution
All that happens when a pc has a better gpu than CPU is the graphics waits for the CPU for new frame code, you will always have a bottleneck somewhere. You could upgrade your cpu to like a i7 8700k

eibelbilly

Proper
May 6, 2020
Hi guys!

Currently i have this build (built in early 2018): https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Potterman/saved/#view=nDkMZL

I want to upgrade my gpu (and my cpu if i must), because i want to max out the performance within the 1080p range.

Note: I don't want to replace my i3 8100, only if it needed in case of bottlenecking. (I'm on a tight budget)
Note2: The reason of this cpu-board combo is, when i built this pc, at that specific time in my country there weren't any other options for 8th gen intel cpus (in matx form factor), and i wanted to have a future-proof board.

Thx for the help!
There is nothing wrong with bottlenecking

eibelbilly

Proper
May 6, 2020
All that happens when a pc has a better gpu than CPU is the graphics waits for the CPU for new frame code, you will always have a bottleneck somewhere. You could upgrade your cpu to like a i7 8700k

Solution

Peter_238

Reputable
Apr 21, 2017
I know what bottlenecking means. I asked what do you mean of "There is nothing wrong with bottlenecking".
Anyways, why would i upgrade my cpu to i7 8700k for full hd gaming?

Peter_238

Reputable
Apr 21, 2017
Because an i7 won't bottleneck most cards
This answer is super helpful... :S As i said, i have tight budget, and i want to upgrade my gpu for better 1080p performance. Upgrading my cpu is the worst case scenario, if it happens, i will go for an I5 8400 guess that should be enough for a better "1080p card", i7 would be overkill.

Last edited:
Hi guys!

I want to upgrade my gpu (and my cpu if i must), because i want to max out the performance within the 1080p range. My budget is around 160 usd / 140 euro.

Thx for the help!
With 140 Euro budget I would keep the 1050 ti, save monies for upgrading