Themysterios

Commendable
Nov 18, 2016
I'm currently a gamer that streams on Twitch. My current build is as follows:

Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
CPU: Intel Core I7-5930k
GPU: R9 295x2
RAM: 16 GB

Are there any improvements I could make in regards to streaming. The graphics card should be perfectly fine but I'm wondering if there is currently a better CPU for streaming video games?

If so, what would be the best CPU and Motherboard (if needed for CPU) upgrade?

Solution
You should be fire with that CPU. Now the question is whether or not the streaming program you're using supports AMD GPU acceleration. Some programs only support Nvidia GPU acceleration.

A good way to answer this question is to play your games for awhile while not streaming, then start streaming and start playing again. If you don't notice a dramatic drop in FPS, but there is a noticeable increase in the delay of the controls or frame stuttering, then you're likely not using AMD GPU acceleration.

However, if you're pleased with your current rig then I can't really justify the cost of upgrading.
You should be fire with that CPU. Now the question is whether or not the streaming program you're using supports AMD GPU acceleration. Some programs only support Nvidia GPU acceleration.

A good way to answer this question is to play your games for awhile while not streaming, then start streaming and start playing again. If you don't notice a dramatic drop in FPS, but there is a noticeable increase in the delay of the controls or frame stuttering, then you're likely not using AMD GPU acceleration.

However, if you're pleased with your current rig then I can't really justify the cost of upgrading.

Solution