Best upgrade to reach ++144fps in DOTA 2

Nov 15, 2018
Hi guys!

I’m getting an upgrade for my PC later but I’m still deciding on whether I should upgrade my GPU or CPU. I want more FPS, mainly because I have a 144hz monitor but my current set-up only yields about 90-110 FPS on the average (high settings). If I can only upgrade one now, which one should I upgrade? Goals FPS is hopefully 150-200.

My current set-up:
CPU: i5-3470
GPU: GTX 960 2GB
PSU: 600w
RAM: 8GB
Motherboard: H61M-E

Thank you!

Solution
To reach your target goal, you are going to need to upgrade both the CPU and GPU. However, for the first upgrade step, I suggest upgrading the GPU. If you want to get a good idea of what may be holding back your system, I recommend monitoring the CPU/GPU usage while you are playing the game. If either of the two is maxing out, this is an indication of a bottleneck.
To reach your target goal, you are going to need to upgrade both the CPU and GPU. However, for the first upgrade step, I suggest upgrading the GPU. If you want to get a good idea of what may be holding back your system, I recommend monitoring the CPU/GPU usage while you are playing the game. If either of the two is maxing out, this is an indication of a bottleneck.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS