[SOLVED] best upgrade under 100 (3570k)

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
the 3570k isn't cutting it anymore for minecraft (believe it or not, lol). My current build is a follows:

16gb ddr3
lga1155 motherboard (obviously)
1060 3gb
850w power supply

what is my best option for upgrading for as cheaply as possible? I plan on buying all parts used.

Solution
You are better to save more, and go for the newer pc plate-form (cpu+MB+DDR4), because you can't buy the i7 cpu for $100, and I don't know how much the used one is.

I don't know what cooler you used, if you still use the stock cooler, buy an aftermarket cooler, then oc the i5 little bit more ( if you did oc to 4.3ghz), you may get better performance.
You are better to save more, and go for the newer pc plate-form (cpu+MB+DDR4), because you can't buy the i7 cpu for $100, and I don't know how much the used one is.

I don't know what cooler you used, if you still use the stock cooler, buy an aftermarket cooler, then oc the i5 little bit more ( if you did oc to 4.3ghz), you may get better performance.

Solution
I agree with Cin. At this point that CPU is kind of old. Yes you could upgrade it with a better, used Ivy Bridges I7 but it is still used and still kind of old and the gains won't be that great. If you haven't overclocked your I5 yet do that and save your money for the newest hardware.

TRENDING THREADS