[SOLVED] Best usbs with high write speed?

Blitz Blitz

Distinguished
May 18, 2015
Hi. I wanna ask what usb sticks have high write speeds? Also good compatibility with windows 7/8/10, older hardware and etc. I have some usb sticks, but it's slow, speeds droping and pulsing, when copying something. Maybe somebody can recommend something? I'm talking about real world performance, not on paper...
Thanks.

Solution
Often, your speeds will drop substantially on transferring numerous smaller file sizes, and, certainly if reading from/writing to a slow spinning drive even more so. Certainly you should not expect advertised drive or USB3/USB3.1 speeds constantly. (Even if transferring from SSD to SSD)

Your best (reasonably priced) bet at sustaining highest possible USB transfer speeds (both read and write) would probably be with one of the USB3/NVME adapters using one of Intel's 660P drives. (This assumes your file source is not a bottleneck, but, any spinning hard drive source is going to be lucky with sustained ~100-150 MB sec transfers, which will fall to 10-30 MB/sec when doing smaller files)
Often, your speeds will drop substantially on transferring numerous smaller file sizes, and, certainly if reading from/writing to a slow spinning drive even more so. Certainly you should not expect advertised drive or USB3/USB3.1 speeds constantly. (Even if transferring from SSD to SSD)

Your best (reasonably priced) bet at sustaining highest possible USB transfer speeds (both read and write) would probably be with one of the USB3/NVME adapters using one of Intel's 660P drives. (This assumes your file source is not a bottleneck, but, any spinning hard drive source is going to be lucky with sustained ~100-150 MB sec transfers, which will fall to 10-30 MB/sec when doing smaller files)

Solution

popatim

Titan
If you're looking for a straight up flashdrive rather thena USB attached SSD then the fastest one I have is the Sandisk Extreme Pro 256gb.
For what i paid for it then I could easily get a larger (500gb+) USB SSD now; like the Samsung T5, Sandisk Extreme, WD Black...