[SOLVED] Best Value for 16 gigs?

Ziferous

Reputable
Feb 18, 2017
I am looking for a good value for 16 gigs but I'm really not willing to spend $120 on some. I don't know the motherboard because the website doesn't specify.

Solution
There are 2x ways to identify the MoBo: software way and hardware way.

Software way:
Download and run Speccy,
link: https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy/download

On the "Summary" page, read what is written under "Motherboard". Or you can click on "Motherboard" tab and read what is written behind "Model". You can also take a screenshot of the Speccy's Summary or Motherboard tab, upload the image on net and share it here in this topic.

Example (click on spoiler to view):
My Skylake build, full specs with pics in my sig.
oteWYiB.png
Software way is good when you can boot to OS. And it can identify almost all components, except PSU, case fans and PC case.

Hardware way:
Open up the side of your PC...

jacob68

Notable
Jan 30, 2019
You need to clarify a bit...
And knowing the mobo is crucial to pick RAM (I assume that what you are asking about, but could be that the 16 gigs are 16 performances as a lounge piano player...)

Ziferous

Reputable
Feb 18, 2017
The PC has 4 DRAM slots total (1 occupied with 8gb 2400MHz stick), extra 2.5" SSD & hard drive mounting slots, extra M.2 slot on motherboard
I don't know if this helps but it is what I have

jacob68

Notable
Jan 30, 2019

Cant you get model name/number of the mobo? Hard to give you a really solid answer without it...

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
There are 2x ways to identify the MoBo: software way and hardware way.

Software way:
Download and run Speccy,
link: https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy/download

On the "Summary" page, read what is written under "Motherboard". Or you can click on "Motherboard" tab and read what is written behind "Model". You can also take a screenshot of the Speccy's Summary or Motherboard tab, upload the image on net and share it here in this topic.

oteWYiB.png
Software way is good when you can boot to OS. And it can identify almost all components, except PSU, case fans and PC case.

Hardware way:
Open up the side of your PC case and take several pics of your MoBo. Afterwards, upload images to any image hosting site and share the images here, so we can look the MoBo and identify it.

UNcL1iE.jpg
Hardware way is good when you can't boot to OS. Also, it's the only way to identify PSU, case fans and PC case.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS