best value gaming motherboard

Gurung 318

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
I recently purchased a gtx 660 ti 2gb gpu for my desktop and found that my processor is not upto with the card. My processor is intel 2 core quad q9550. Now I want to buy a good value for money gaming motherboard and a processor. I am never into SLI so a single GPU motherboard will do for me. Can anyone recommend me which suits my needs.

Solution
What is your budget? Are you willing to overclock?

If you want the best bang for the buck, go for the i5 4670K and cooler master 212 evo and overclock it. That should last you a good 5+ years without being slow. I always recommend Gigabyte motherboards.

This is a good starter choice for single GPU solutions:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz87ds3h

If you don't overclock, it really doesn't matter you could get the B87 or H87 whatever...

If that's too much money, look to AMD but I wouldn't go with less than a 8320 or 8350 CPU... If you go much under that it's kinda pointless to upgrade from the Q9550. I would just wait to upgrade if you aren't willing to at least spend that much.

Adroid

Distinguished
What is your budget? Are you willing to overclock?

If you want the best bang for the buck, go for the i5 4670K and cooler master 212 evo and overclock it. That should last you a good 5+ years without being slow. I always recommend Gigabyte motherboards.

This is a good starter choice for single GPU solutions:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz87ds3h

If you don't overclock, it really doesn't matter you could get the B87 or H87 whatever...

If that's too much money, look to AMD but I wouldn't go with less than a 8320 or 8350 CPU... If you go much under that it's kinda pointless to upgrade from the Q9550. I would just wait to upgrade if you aren't willing to at least spend that much.

Solution

Gurung 318

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
Ok after enough research I have came to decide that I am not getting an overclocking friendly motherboard. I am ok with stock clock because I am not used with overclocking. So which chipset and cpu will you recommend for me. And one more thing does SSD increase the gaming performance than HDD?

Gurung 318

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
Btw how is gigabyte GA-H81M-S2PV with intel core i5 4440. And guys can you please explain me what does those alphanumeric letters denote in a motherboard model name.

1. I would recommend you 4670K and ASRock Z87 Extreme4
2. No, it will not. It will just increase the map loading speed. You know.. When you start your game you have to wait 1 second to load, with SSD it will take 0,5 sec to load. I cannot explain very good what is a SSD. Lets just say that is HDD on steroids.