Best value PSU and memory for a £550 gaming build?

Agonyworm

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
So I'm looking for a PSU and some memory for the following gaming build:

CPU - AMD FX 6300
Motherboard - Asrock 990FX Extreme3
GPU - MSI GTX 650 Ti Boost Twinfrozr
Case - Zalman Z11 Plus
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB

Firstly, the PSU. I've figured I need around 500W, and I'm looking to be buying an extra GPU in a few years to SLI. I've currently been looking at the Zalman 500-GS, which looks to be excellent value. Is this going to be able to support my build, and also a second GPU later down the line? My main concern is supporting the single GPU as I can buy a better one in a few years if necessary.

And the memory. I've decided that I really don't need those fancy heat spreaders. Can you guys suggest where I can get 2x4GB for less than £50? I've seen plenty but I'm unsure what the best value for performance option is.

I'm happy to buy from any of the following sites:

Amazon.co.uk
Scan.co.uk
Novatech.co.uk
Overclockers.co.uk

Thanks very much :)

Agonyworm

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
That deal on the RAM is hard to believe :O However, can I have confirmation that it is compatible with the 990FX Extreme3?

I'm not concerned about wattage, I'm more interested in stability and effeciency.

jeppishh

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012

according to the website it supports up to 1866 .http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-Technology-Series-1866MHz-Desktop/dp/B00A771ZSW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1365613037&sr=8-3&keywords=kingston+hyperx+beast it 2 pounds cheaper. regarding PSU's go with any trusted brand (corsair/antec/seasonic). if you can fit it in your budget then i'd suggest going for a semi modular unit to reduce cable mess.