hamada.hosny93

Reputable
Apr 23, 2018
Hi guys, i'm currently running windows 10 version 1809 updated to the latest builds.

But i'm currently facing issues with this version of windows, and when i googled about this version 1809, found so many people saying that it has some bugs and microsoft didn't fix them till this moment.

Anyways, i need to ask people here about the most stable version of windows 10 that has the least amount of issues, i will use it for gaming most of the time, so i hope also people help me to determine the best stable version with the least consumption of RAM also.

Some friends advised me to try 1607 and some other said 1709, but i'm asking here for more suggestions.

HINT: i don't want to try again 1809 or the newest one 1903 as its not stable till this moment.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Actually i don't feel at all that its a RAM problem, however, i don't know what to do, i will wait for more feedback from others as @PC Tailor said before taking any decision.
To be honest, everything I'm about to say has already been stated, I'm just reinforcing it.

All of the above are 100% correct my friend. I have worked with countless numbers of computers with this kind of BSOD problem amongst many others (as all the team above have also) and memory has very commonly caused the problem you describe, the memtest and debug report simply reinforced this.

Return the whole pack if that's what the seller requests (which I appreciate is annoying) as there is undoubtedly a problem with your RAM.

Can we guarantee it will...

Colif

Win 11 Master
the further back you go, the more bugs you will find as updates since then may have fixed them.

Almost all versions of windows since 7 use the same amount of ram, windows 10 is actually able to boot with less ram than all of them until you reach win xp.

What problems are you having? better to fix them than to avoid newer versions of Windows.

hamada.hosny93

Reputable
Apr 23, 2018
the further back you go, the more bugs you will find as updates since then may have fixed them.

Almost all versions of windows since 7 use the same amount of ram, windows 10 is actually able to boot with less ram than all of them until you reach win xp.

What problems are you having? better to fix them than to avoid newer versions of Windows.

What are you talking about? Windows 10 is the most OS that uses higher amount of RAM than 7 and even 8.1, don't even try to suggest me to install the latest version of windows as this is the way microsoft go with, and it gets more troubles than more fixes with most of people.

And all windows 10 versions are still receiving cumulative updates every month.

I'm receiving problems like Gaming Crashes and BSODs during gaming most of the time, most of them related to that ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe, i don't feel its a RAM problem and its more related to be a windows problem, even people tried out the newest version 1903 are reporting this problem also, it started mostly with the newest versions of windows including 1809 and 1903 now.

So can you suggest me a more stable version?? i don't want to talk about any kind of other stuff.

hamada.hosny93

Reputable
Apr 23, 2018
Whatever "version" you install will soon update itself to the latest.
MS only supports 18 months back. 1607 is way out of any support.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853

All versions of windows 10 including the older ones are still receiving cumulative updates every month.

And usually i will try not to update them in case of successful installation and stability.

hamada.hosny93

Reputable
Apr 23, 2018
And the "cumulative updates" will eventually result in 'updating' to the latest version. Currently, v1903.

Cumulative updates are different from feature updates, a newer version is called feature update, but cumulative updates are just normal updates for the same version you're currently using.

Even Windows Update service will notify you before installing feature updates to be in your choice now, but cumulative updates will get downloaded and installed automatically.

Anyways, we're getting into more discussion about something not related to my main thread, so please help me regarding my thread if you can.

hamada.hosny93

Reputable
Apr 23, 2018
I'm receiving problems like Gaming Crashes and BSODs during gaming most of the time, most of them related to that ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe, i don't feel its a RAM problem and its more related to be a windows problem, even people tried out the newest version 1903 are reporting this problem also, it started mostly with the newest versions of windows including 1809 and 1903 now.

This is the problem i'm currently having.

Please suggest me a stable version except the newest ones, i will never try anymore.

And please don't go with more discussion about anything not related to my thread, this is out of my topic and it's wasting my time, i need an answer to my thread only, don't try to make an advertisement here for Microsoft and repeat their words by suggesting installing latest versions and updates, This is Tom's Hardware Forum NOT Microsoft Corporation.

Colif

Win 11 Master
BSOD:

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

Windows ram usage

while not realistic tests, it still proves a point. Win 10 can boot with less ram than all previous versions of Windows until you reach XP. XP only beats it as its 20 years old and many PC back then were lucky to have 2gb of ram.

WIn 10 may appear to use more ram but it just uses it differently than previous versions. Its more likely to compress previously used applications into ram rather than write them direct to hdd as if you decide to re open the program again, its much faster to do it from ram than any other storage. If an application actually needs the ram that has something compressed into it, it will write that data to storage and give it up.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
@gardenman and @Colif

I have ran a debug on the first dump file attached - after seeing the results of the 1st dump, I believe the 2nd dump is not overly necessary. However I will happily run it if required.
You can view the full report here: https://pste.eu/p/leUs.html

Summary:
BugCheck 1A, {41792, ffff81011b9ba100, 8000000000000000, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( ONE_BIT )

Argument: (A corrupt PTE has been detected. Parameter 2 contains the address of the PTE. Parameters 3/4 contain the low/high parts of the PTE.)

MODULE_NAME: hardware
IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0
STACK_COMMAND: .thread ; .cxr ; kb
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT

I didn't appear to have any symbol issues, however there were a couple of symbols that took long to load, to the point where it suggested a sysfix may help. But ultimately the debugger got the results needed. Not sure if this caused your issue gardenman. Based on the results, I wouldn't be surprised if some corruption was present.

I was not able to deduce BIOS information. But Debugger labelled hardware as the fault.

Last edited:
Reactions: gardenman

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
It does seem to point to hardware, I haven't bothered to run the second dump as whilst I do see Dbg point to hardware when it was software, it's not too often, and the small amount of modules loaded at the time limits the possibilities of cause even further.

I know the Qualcomm driver can cause issues as can the Intel Management driver if it is out of date with your BIOS.
I do not use the Internet Download Manager and do not see it often, but I'm not aware of crashes this might cause.

I also agree with most on here that latest W10 is the best way to go, as it is also what results from the indIrect impact of WER service (not just constant changes). Every error gets reported and soon enough, patched or improved.

Based on the debug, I do not believe that a different W10 version will rectify your issue.
BSOD can often point to ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe - but rarely do these cause the actual crashes, they're just what happened to be forced to crash by something else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rogue Leader

hamada.hosny93

Reputable
Apr 23, 2018
Thanks for all these information, actually i have read the full report, but didn't understand actually what is the real cause to my problem, so let me ask some questions please and i hope for help:

- Does it point to a RAM problem???

If yes, then Internet Download Manager, Qualcomm and other drivers, what are their problems?? which of them are the real cause for crashes??

What should i do exactly for now???

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Thanks for all these information, actually i have read the full report, but didn't understand actually what is the real cause to my problem, so let me ask some questions please and i hope for help:

- Does it point to a RAM problem???

If yes, then Internet Download Manager, Qualcomm and other drivers, what are their problems?? which of them are the real cause for crashes??

What should i do exactly for now???
We can wait for more feedback from others, however as initial steps:
  • Update your Qualcomm drivers and ensure windows updates are up to date as far as possible.
  • Ensure that your BIOS is fully up to date - and with that make sure your intel management engine driver is of the same dated version (your BIOS and Intel Mgmt Eng should align basically).
  • Being as you have encountered a memory corruption, as best practice you should also run memtest to verify the integrity of your RAM modules.
  • It also never hurts to run anti virus/malware scans to ensure the error isn't being caused by unwanted software.

Reactions: Colif

hamada.hosny93

Reputable
Apr 23, 2018
We can wait for more feedback from others, however as initial steps:
  • Update your Qualcomm drivers and ensure windows updates are up to date as far as possible.
  • Ensure that your BIOS is fully up to date - and with that make sure your intel management engine driver is of the same dated version (your BIOS and Intel Mgmt Eng should align basically).
  • Being as you have encountered a memory corruption, as best practice you should also run memtest to verify the integrity of your RAM modules.
  • It also never hurts to run anti virus/malware scans to ensure the error isn't being caused by unwanted software

Actually my Qualcomm drivers are already up to date, there is no drivers released since that one i'm already using, and to be more honest i tried to uninstall it before, and same problem was there, crashes and BSODs.

About running memtest, actually i have run a test since a long time, and showed errors, but i wasn't sure if this points to a RAM problem or not.

I run also a scan or viruses before and found nothing.

USAFRet

Titan
About running memtest, actually i have run a test since a long time, and showed errors, but i wasn't sure if this points to a RAM problem or not.
If memtest coughed up an error, that is absolutely a problem.

Which could very easily lead to:
"I'm receiving problems like Gaming Crashes and BSODs during gaming most of the time "

Probably a RAM stick. Secondarily but unlikely, the motherboard.

Reactions: DMAN999