Best VGA cooler for 5700 and 5800 series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yiplong

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
I have a HD 5750 and a 5850 video card, the fans on both cards sound like tornado when I play any kind of video game. Such noise level is utterly unacceptable to me. Any good VGA coolers that work with these cards? I would like the coolers to have these attributes:

- fit the cards, of course
- low noise
- cost less than $50
- cools the chips better than stock cooler

I think these are very reasonable things to require of any aftermarket cooler. Thanks for any suggestion!

yiplong

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009

I think the fans are fine, they are just loud. Loud noise is common with video card fans.

yiplong

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009

40% fan speed will cause the cards to overheat during intense gaming. Both cards are OCed to the max.

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
Hi yiplong

There is no cooler on the market yet for these cards. It takes the makers of these things almost a year to build a replacement cooler.

I know what you mean about noise from these things - I have 2 5850's and since I overclock them they heat up quickly. I have to run the fans at 75% to keep the temp at 80C. Talk about a vacuum cleaner next to your ears...

It wont help much but replacing the thermal compound looks to be good for a couple of degrees of cooling - maybe 5.
Also making sure your case has very good airflow helps a little too.

But until anything better comes along we play games with headphones on

Status
Not open for further replies.