[SOLVED] Best water cooling for corsair carbide spec 04

James Noscoper

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2014
Hi,

I have a corsair carbide spec 04 and my current radiator does fit at the top of my car because of my motherboard (gigabyte aorus gaming 7) and was wondering if better alternatives. I have the Corsair H115i AIO liquid cooler

Solution
Having fan slots doesn't necessarily mean you have radiator slot. There's multiple cases that have room for 25mm fans on top but that doesn't include the 30mm for the radiator as well. There's multiple cases that will have clearance for a 120mm mm based radiator but not clearance for a 140mm based radiator, even though they'll mount 120mm or 140mm fans. The ram or heatsinks on the motherboard won't allow for such, space is too tight. There's even cases that you can mount a 360mm radiator but only use 2x 120mm fans on the middle and rear ports, because of lack of 55mm clearance at the front, but you can use 3x 120mm fans alone instead. There's even cases with 2x 120/140mm fan ports that are spaced wide enough that radiators do not mount...
Hi,

I have a corsair carbide spec 04 and my current radiator does fit at the top of my car because of my motherboard (gigabyte aorus gaming 7) and was wondering if better alternatives. I have the Corsair H115i AIO liquid cooler
Hi James, you should rephrase the question, it does not make sense.
Judging by this https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...spec-04-config/p/CC-9011109-WW#tab-tech-specs it's compatible only with single fan 120mm radiators.
Which CPU do you want to cool ?

From the link you supplied in the specs it shows 140mm radiator support in the front and 120mm rear.

Cooling SystemFront: 120 mm fan x 1 / LED ¦ Front: 120/140 mm fan mount x 2 ¦ Top: 120 mm fan mount x 2 ¦ Rear: 120 mm fan mount x 1CPU
Cooler Max Height150 mm
Video Card Max Length370 mm
Power Supply Max Length225 mm

System Cabinet FeaturesFront dust filter, cable management holes, supports 120 mm radiator in rear, tempered glass side panel, PSU dust filters, supports 140 mm radiator in front pane

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Having fan slots doesn't necessarily mean you have radiator slot. There's multiple cases that have room for 25mm fans on top but that doesn't include the 30mm for the radiator as well. There's multiple cases that will have clearance for a 120mm mm based radiator but not clearance for a 140mm based radiator, even though they'll mount 120mm or 140mm fans. The ram or heatsinks on the motherboard won't allow for such, space is too tight. There's even cases that you can mount a 360mm radiator but only use 2x 120mm fans on the middle and rear ports, because of lack of 55mm clearance at the front, but you can use 3x 120mm fans alone instead. There's even cases with 2x 120/140mm fan ports that are spaced wide enough that radiators do not mount at all.

There's a difference between fan ports and radiator supported fan ports. The spec-04 wasn't designed to be brilliant when it comes to Watercooling support, it was intended for aircooling.

Reactions: Krotow
Solution