Best Water Cooling Loop For My Case

bajkill

Prominent
Mar 16, 2017
Hey guys, So I recently bought an EVGA 1080ti FE and am looking to watercool it. Problem is I don't have a loop and I have no experience with loops (currently on my first build). I've been using an nzxt kraken x61 280mm on my cpu which BARLEY fits in the case , I'm talking centimeters and because of that I have to install the fans in the front btw. Anyways im hoping to install a water cooled loop using only one radiator for both gpu and cpu (it's a small case). If yall could let me know what you think could pull this off efficently I'd appreciate it. I have no experience with water cooled loops so I don't know what parts I need/what would work best. Keep in mind my case will only fit one radiator up to 280mm

My specs are
NZXT S340 Elite case
750w PSU
Msi gaming z170a
4x8 corsair vengeance DDR4 Ram
I7-6700k
EVGA 1080TI FE

Solution
to run both CPU and GPU on a 280 rad is possible. it's just not that QUIET - which is one of the main benefits of liquid cooling.
technically, you probably can fit a 120-140 rads on rear and/or top and that would make it much better.
What would be recommended is to setup 2x240 or larger rads. For that purpose, you will need a more watercolling friendly case like Fractal's Define S or Phantek's Evolv ATX.

As for the parts, the simplest would be to wait for EK to release their MLC line (promised this spring). It supposed to be modular system that is maintenance free. You simply pick your rads, blocks and whatever and connect them using EK's QDC. later, when you will fill adventurous, you can customize the loop with clear tubing and...

Mattz982

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
I would suggest getting a different case, most people recommend about 120mm of radiator per component, but really, you'd be getting more for your money with air coolers when you can only get a single 280 in the front. I have a 360mm and a 280mm for CPU and GPU, and it stills heats up a fair bit

to run both CPU and GPU on a 280 rad is possible. it's just not that QUIET - which is one of the main benefits of liquid cooling.
technically, you probably can fit a 120-140 rads on rear and/or top and that would make it much better.
What would be recommended is to setup 2x240 or larger rads. For that purpose, you will need a more watercolling friendly case like Fractal's Define S or Phantek's Evolv ATX.

As for the parts, the simplest would be to wait for EK to release their MLC line (promised this spring). It supposed to be modular system that is maintenance free. You simply pick your rads, blocks and whatever and connect them using EK's QDC. later, when you will fill adventurous, you can customize the loop with clear tubing and whatever.
Of course getting parts that will be the most convenient and aesthetically pleasing for your configuration is by far better option that is not that complicated if done right.
Keep in mind that such project would be around 500USD on watercooling parts alone.

Solution

bajkill

Prominent
Mar 16, 2017
Thanks. I will keep all this in mind. It's a bummer because besides the one radiator slot this case is a perfect fit for me. I am hoping they wI'll release a slightly larger version in the future.