[SOLVED] Best way of controlling multiple computers from one set of keyboard and mice

kluchgts

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2013
Good example of this is streamers. They have a gaming PC and a streaming PC. Want to be able to control both with as little delay/lag as possible.

I've seen mouse without borders but there's not much extensive use so I can't get any references. I'm trying to find things that are proven and have little issues. Software/hardware solution is fine. And anyone who does use mouse without borders please share your experiences.

I would probably try to control the streaming PC from the gaming PC since the gaming PC will want as close to zero input delay as possible.

edit 1: and as seamlessly as possible. I want to forget I even have 2 PCs

Last edited:
Solution
I've used Synergy in the past. It takes a bit to set up, but once you have it set up, it's almost like magic. It's a network based KM switch that makes every display of each computer feel like they were one unit. So it's like using a multi-monitor setup, only on multiple computers.

Otherwise you could use a typical hardware based KVM/KM switch.
I've used Synergy in the past. It takes a bit to set up, but once you have it set up, it's almost like magic. It's a network based KM switch that makes every display of each computer feel like they were one unit. So it's like using a multi-monitor setup, only on multiple computers.

Solution

kluchgts

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2013

I've seen synergy before I think? but immediately wrote it off because it was paid, possibly subscription, I don't remember. I'll take a deeper look into it, but the KVM is a definite no go, I want it to be seamless as if I was controlling just one PC.
Logitech Flow is another option.
That requires specific Logi hardware, though.
while I do have a logitech mouse, I don't trust any of their software. If they couldn't do it right for their gaming stuff (which I believe is their main thing, could be wrong) then I'm not gonna trust their other stuff. Plus I think when I was skimming through I also had to have a logitech keyboard, which I do not have.

thank you both for your answers.

USAFRet

Titan
while I do have a logitech mouse, I don't trust any of their software. If they couldn't do it right for their gaming stuff (which I believe is their main thing, could be wrong) then I'm not gonna trust their other stuff. Plus I think when I was skimming through I also had to have a logitech keyboard, which I do not have.
I've used the Flow for just the mouse portion, and it was seamless.
Worked as advertised.

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
Good example of this is streamers. They have a gaming PC and a streaming PC. Want to be able to control both with as little delay/lag as possible.

I've seen mouse without borders but there's not much extensive use so I can't get any references. I'm trying to find things that are proven and have little issues. Software/hardware solution is fine. And anyone who does use mouse without borders please share your experiences.

I would probably try to control the streaming PC from the gaming PC since the gaming PC will want as close to zero input delay as possible.

edit 1: and as seamlessly as possible. I want to forget I even have 2 PCs
I’ve tested Mouse without Borders on two laptops - one of the laptops was connected to a monitor. It worked fine for my setup, but I noticed one thing. There was not a way to adjust where the monitor was. For example… if I wanted to have the second laptop in between the first laptop and the monitor, I couldn’t reflect this change in the Mouse without Borders settings. This means the mouse scrolled from the first laptop directly to the monitor, rather than to the second laptop then the monitor. It also didn’t have Linux support since it’s made by Microsoft.