Question Best way to clean baked dust off PC parts?

Blavikn

Prominent
Oct 30, 2021
I clean my PC regularly but I am curious what is the best way to clean off baked dust as that never comes off when using compressed air?

I've not used anything else because of static being a concern.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I clean my PC regularly but I am curious what is the best way to clean off baked dust as that never comes off when using compressed air?

I've not used anything else because of static being a concern.
To me depends on the parts.
I've used a rag and Windex for fans (don't spray the Windex in the PC rather on the rag)
AIO coolers I usually use the sink sprayer to clean the RAD. ( remove the fans first LOL)
CPU and GPU heatsink air compressor I have a dryer on mine since I use it for painting also.. These are hard to get everything out of.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
^ That! Can use artistic Bristle Boar too for finer areas.

For pretty badly dirty,( gotta figure I spent 23 years in Florida humidity so it wasn't dust as much as mud,) I'd use a chip brush with a vac hose. Use the brush to lift the dirt, use the vac at a distance to suck it up so it didn't just move someplace else.

Blavikn

Prominent
Oct 30, 2021
I use the above and for really dirty stuck on dust,I use a good OIL base paint brush. Sometimes called chip brushes.
Mode from pigs hair so it is non static building.
works wonders with compressed air.
So something like this?

Kurtzy 1 Inch/2.54cm Chip Paint Brushes (36 Pack) - Professional Wooden Handle Paint Brush Set for Paint, Stains, Varnishes, Glues and Home DIY https://amzn.eu/d/3fEW0Jl