[SOLVED] Best Way to Clear out Drivers/Software

amulsingh01

Reputable
May 29, 2016
I'm upgrading my PC from an Intel to AMD with a new motherboard and I was wondering whats the best way to completely uninstall all old drivers and software related to Intel and my Gigabyte motherboard (Such as Gigabyte app center)? Also, this might be a dumb question, but I'm assuming I can keep my Nvidia drivers if I'm upgrading to another Nvidia GPU?

Solution
I'm upgrading my PC from an Intel to AMD with a new motherboard and I was wondering whats the best way to completely uninstall all old drivers and software related to Intel and my Gigabyte motherboard (Such as Gigabyte app center)? Also, this might be a dumb question, but I'm assuming I can keep my Nvidia drivers if I'm upgrading to another Nvidia GPU?

"I'm upgrading my PC from an Intel to AMD with a new motherboard and ..."

...and you need a whole clean install.
Prepare for this.

USAFRet

Titan

Prepare for this.

Solution

amulsingh01

Reputable
May 29, 2016

Prepare for this.

Oh wow, did not know this, thank you for the link as well. I'm assuming that this will wipe my saved files off of my boot drive?

amulsingh01

Reputable
May 29, 2016
It will wipe everything.
Anything you want to save, do it now, while the current system is still working.

I'm a complete noob at this so bear with me. Basically, I have all my games installed on my HDD (2nd drive) while the launchers are on the SSD (boot drive). Is it better to uninstall the games now or will it be fine once I reinstall the launchers after the clean install?

USAFRet

Titan
Are these Steam games?
If so, you won't need to uninstall them.

During this clean install, have ONLY the one drive connected.
Later, reconnect this game drive.

With the new Steam client you'll install after the OS and everything else, simply tell it where these games are on the other drive.
Steam games location
In the steam client:
Steam
Settings
Downloads
Steam Library Folders
Add library folder
q24sFfe.png

amulsingh01

Reputable
May 29, 2016
Are these Steam games?
If so, you won't need to uninstall them.

During this clean install, have ONLY the one drive connected.
Later, reconnect this game drive.

With the new Steam client you'll install after the OS and everything else, simply tell it where these games are on the other drive.
Steam games location
In the steam client:
Steam
Settings
Downloads
Steam Library Folders
Add library folder
q24sFfe.png

Thank you for the help. Most of my games are on steam so that perfect, but what about stuff like Blizard, Epic games etc.