Best way to connect a PS4 to PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fakesympathy

Reputable
Sep 2, 2018
Title says all. I have a PS4 Pro and wanna go back to some of the titles that haven't been ported to PC just yet (Bloodborne, Ghost of Tsushima, Infamous, etc) There are two ways I've tried so far, both with its own flaws

1. Connecting the PS4 to the HDMI port of my main monitor. It works without any hiccups, but I have to keep switching sources between the computer and the PS4
  2. Using the PS Remote Play. No physical connections needed, but the wireless connection is really unstable even though the routher is very close. Lots of disconnects. Also the app only allows up to 720p resolution, making the PS4 screen look dog <Mod Edit>. Screen looks really glitchy. Games like Bloodborne seems to have worse frame rate compared to option 1.
PS Remote Play option really hurts, because it feels so simple at the cost of resolution. It apparently requires a good connection for 1080p, so I don't understand why I can't have that when there's no connection issue at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DSzymborski

Titan
You could always buy a hub and just have one switch. How many times would you realistically have to switch between PS4 output and PC output a day? It's not like you're going to do it 50 times. The very slight lag of Remote Play will probably be more annoying.

D

Deleted member 14196

Yeah get an hdmi switch. They are cheap. I use one for my xbox

I switch my monitor inputs from my work pc to my home pc 6-10 times per day, so yeah, I guess I don't really understand.

What if you have to switch your TV from Netflix/etc to PS4? Too much work? Buy a 2nd TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS