Question Best way to connect multiple fans to aio

Dec 1, 2022
Hey guys, I have a Corsair H100i and I did a push and pull config on the rad, not because of CPU temps but because of GPU temps (my last GPU died because of heat), my case is a Corsair Spec-04 and the airflow is terrible, so with a front rad push and pull is really the way to go. My question is, I want all 4 fans to be controlled through the pump (it has 2 pwm connections), can I use splitters on this connectors? I want all 4 fans like this because I checked and the front fans are spinning in different speeds than the back ones, I'm worried about fan degradation.

My options are:
  1. 2 splitters, one to each connection, 2 fans per connection
  2. 1 splitter to all 4 fans using one connection (this splitter has pwm controls and uses power from a molex), and leave one pump pwm connection unplugged.

Right now the front fans are connected straight to the mobo using a splitter with no auxiliary power and the back ones are connected to the pump as intended by the manufacturer.

I really want to connect all 4 fans to the pump so I can control it on iCue, since iCue is way better for this in my opinion.

Will the pump freak out by having more than 2 fans connected to it? Is this pump pwm connections strong enough to more than 1 fan? What about using just one of the pump connections and leaving the other one unplugged? I don't know if it's different than a mobo connection power wise. I didn't bought any of this splitter yet, where I live this are really expensive and I want to make a educated decision.

are the fans running through a Corsair command hub or are the fans being routed to the motherboard CPU_FAN header?

My options are:

1. 2 splitters, one to each connection, 2 fans per connection
  2. 1 splitter to all 4 fans using one connection (this splitter has pwm controls and uses power from a molex), and leave one pump pwm connection unplugged.

Will the pump freak out by having more than 2 fans connected to it? Is this pump pwm connections strong enough to more than 1 fan?
power-wise you should be fine using a basic splitter on each cooler fan connection.
just make sure this splitter is designed for PWM use and not static power.

if all four fans are the same, or at least the same max RPM, then this should be a easy setup just using included profiles or any custom one you may have created.

Dec 1, 2022
are the fans running through a Corsair command hub or are the fans being routed to the motherboard CPU_FAN header?

power-wise you should be fine using a basic splitter on each cooler fan connection.
just make sure this splitter is designed for PWM use and not static power.

if all four fans are the same, or at least the same max RPM, then this should be a easy setup just using included profiles or any custom one you may have created.
Front fans is directly to the motherboard (1 to 5 pwm splitter, using only 3 connections), is the sp120 elite performance so no commander, just core lightning. So I think I'll be better off buying 2x 1 to 2 pwm splitters and using them on the pump. The very bottom fan that doesn't pass through the rad I can connect directly into the motherboard and even set a different curve just to help noise reduction a bit. I just discovered that a friend of mine has this 1 to 5 pwm splitter with auxiliary molex power so I'll try ti borrow it as well and try it out. There's no way I can fry something by plugging 4 fans max at a header right?

Front fans is directly to the motherboard
front case fans or radiator fans?
I just discovered that a friend of mine has this 1 to 5 pwm splitter with auxiliary molex power so I'll try ti borrow it as well and try it out.
using a powered PWM hub is not the same as using a basic splitter so no matter what results you may get with this hub it will not be the same as what you are intending to do.
There's no way I can fry something by plugging 4 fans max at a header right?
motherboard fan headers will put out a voltage to power fans but the only inbound signal is the PWM RPM stats.
there is no way to fry fan headers in this scenario.
worst case would be that it doesn't output enough power to properly run multiple fans or cannot properly determine PWM signals for RPM control.