Best way to cool down my pc

citroones

Reputable
Apr 21, 2014
Hello, im sitting here with a CM storm Stryker case, i only have the standard fans tho
and im wondering if i should place them differently since my GPU and CPU is running a tad too hot :)

The fans are sitting like This 2 front 120mm intake fans, One 200mm in the top pushing air out, and finally one 140mm in the back also pushing air out is there any "better" way to place the fans for more cooling?

My PC got these specs.

Motherboard, ASUS 990FX R2.0
CPU:AMD phennom II x6 (With a CM Hyper TX3 Cooler)
GPU: AMD Radeon 5970 (with actic cooling extreme cooler)
PSU: Seasonic 750W silver certifed
1TB Hitatchi HDD
And a Kingston 120GB SSD the V300

Alpha3031

Honorable
Try and switch the 200 and 120 so you have positive pressure and also try placing the intake fans below the exhaust fans (hot air rises and all that) finally, try and have turbulent flow (I don't know how to do that though).

The_Freeman

Reputable
Apr 3, 2014

First off I would replace the stock fans with ones by noctua. You could also upgrade your CPU cooler. You fan set up looks good I would just get better fans.

Hope this helps :)

Alpha3031

Honorable
If you're getting new fans , try getting similar CFM intake and exhaust, intake on/close to the bottom, and exhaust near/on the top. If you have to, err on the side of more intake (hopefully your PSU won't affect it much in normal conditions).

If you have a large enough budget, get custom liquid cooling.
See Guide/Benchmark

citroones

Reputable
Apr 21, 2014

my budget is quite low, im sitting here only 17 years old, that's why im using a 5970 replaced it with my 6970 some guy was silly enough to make that trade, however i will have money to buy new fans and im well aware that noctua fans are the best i just cant afford 4 of those they are super expensive also i wont need custom lequid cooling a closed loop should be fine right?
Or even a CM evo 212 atleast that's what im thinking :)

Pondering

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
I turn off turbo core on my phenom from late spring till early.

The fan setup is good. I bought a 4 pack of CM sleeve bearing fans intending to run them at full speed using MOLEX adapters but then I discovered that I am paranoid about 3 pin to molex adapters. Take care.

citroones

Reputable
Apr 21, 2014

sry i didnt write what case i have, i have a CM stryker, a pretty large tower so the CM 212 should fit i can fit in a NZXT 410 :)