Best way to do a clean reinstall of GPU drivers?

_danielpwils01

Reputable
Feb 18, 2017
I have had some issues with stuttering and fps in a few games that previously ran fine. I wondered if a fresh reinstall of my GPU drivers would help with these issues? My GPU is an MSI RX 480 GAMINGX 4G, and I was wondering what the best way would be to cleanly reinstall my GPU drivers while wiping all of the previous drivers, basically just a fresh install. Any information or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
Yes, of course you can do that. I just offered up the DDU route as a deeper and cleaner means of getting what you wanted done since it would remove everything in one pass. Given your apprehension in using it, which I understand, go ahead and take the control panel route. You should be fine with that; however, should something cause an issue, at least you have an alternative.

Best of luck. Let me know how it goes.

_danielpwils01

Reputable
Feb 18, 2017

Could very easily make matters worse? Yikes, sounds risky. I will probably just stick to having a few games run poorly.

_danielpwils01

Reputable
Feb 18, 2017

So rather than installing DDU, could I not just go into the Control Panel>Uninstall a Program>AMD Software and just completely uninstall all AMD software through the Control Panel and then reinstall the drivers from their website after restarting my PC? Or would that not have the same affect?

Yes, of course you can do that. I just offered up the DDU route as a deeper and cleaner means of getting what you wanted done since it would remove everything in one pass. Given your apprehension in using it, which I understand, go ahead and take the control panel route. You should be fine with that; however, should something cause an issue, at least you have an alternative.

Best of luck. Let me know how it goes.

Solution