[SOLVED] Best way to do a clean reinstall?

Dec 20, 2018
Hello my PC is full of junk. Whats the best way to do like a clean reinstall of everything? IS it enough with the windows 10 media creation tool? Please tell me your opinions, thanks :)

Solution
No "opinions" are needed. Factually, this is what you need to do.

No "opinions" are needed. Factually, this is what you need to do.

Solution
Reset my PC isn't even close to the same thing. A reset uses the factory partition, if there was one, which means it will put all the old code bloated BS right back on there just as it came from the factory, if it came with Windows preinstalled.. Not to mention, a reset often fails to recreate the boot and EFI partitions, opting to reuse the existing one, and in some cases those partitions might be the problem to begin with.

A clean install is ALWAYS a better option UNLESS there is a consideration for older software which cannot be replaced or reinstalled, and then other options might have to be considered.

This is exactly why we do a clean install and not some limited or partial installation such as a reset, refresh or restore.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...oes-black-every-two-minutes.3399089/#21479970

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...games-poorly-40-60-fps.3495343/#post-21130902

Dec 20, 2018
Thanks for the aswers guys I aprecciate it. Ill try your tutorial Darkbreeza and ill see how it goes. But one question, do I have to install the drivers again?

Yes. Absolutely.

Before installing windows I would recommend that you check to see that you are on the latest motherboard BIOS version and if you are not, then update to the latest non-Beta version.

After installation it would be wise to go to the product page for your prebuilt system OR motherboard, and find the latest drivers for chipset, ethernet/network adapters, audio and if there are any 3rd party SATA or USB controllers on the motherboard which are not RAID specific, then those as well. Any RAID driver is only needed if you are in fact running a RAID array. For most people, the answer to that will be no.

I would do that BEFORE you go ahead and run through all the available Windows updates, which should be the next step before you start reinstalling your applications, programs and games.

Dec 20, 2018
Yes. Absolutely.

Before installing windows I would recommend that you check to see that you are on the latest motherboard BIOS version and if you are not, then update to the latest non-Beta version.

After installation it would be wise to go to the product page for your prebuilt system OR motherboard, and find the latest drivers for chipset, ethernet/network adapters, audio and if there are any 3rd party SATA or USB controllers on the motherboard which are not RAID specific, then those as well. Any RAID driver is only needed if you are in fact running a RAID array. For most people, the answer to that will be no.

I would do that BEFORE you go ahead and run through all the available Windows updates, which should be the next step before you start reinstalling your applications, programs and games.
Hey thank you for the help Windows 10 works like a charm now :D. But I have only one problem, I can only boot from the Windows Boot Manager, when I choose my SSD in the BIOS and restart it says there is no OS found. I dont understand why becuase I installed Windows there and there were no other devices, I did exactly what you said. Can you tell me how to fix this?

Windows 10 is SUPPOSED to boot from the Windows boot manager. That is the correct boot device.

That means it resulted in a CORRECT UEFI installation. If you could select the drive and boot from that, then you would have a legacy non-UEFI Windows installation.