[SOLVED] Best way to download Win 10?

Astralv

Distinguished
I have several USB sticks with older builds- latest Winter 2017. Where is the best place to download newest version of Win 10 for the new build? Should I use Media Creation Tool? is it still exists? Do I need to format USB stick before downloading if it contains older Windows install files? Or will it format it automatically? If not- Fat 32? Anything else to consider? Building my Ryzen today! Thank you.

Solution
I have several USB sticks with older builds- latest Winter 2017. Where is the best place to download newest version of Win 10 for the new build? Should I use Media Creation Tool? is it still exists? Do I need to format USB stick before downloading if it contains older Windows install files? Or will it format it automatically? If not- Fat 32? Anything else to consider? Building my Ryzen today! Thank you.
Direct from Microsoft, nowhere else
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Also:

USAFRet

Titan
Direct from Microsoft, nowhere else
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Also:

Solution

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
And, barring some earth shattering change by Microsoft, the Media Creation Tool (MCT) is the one and only way to either fetch the Windows 10 ISO file or directly create bootable USB media "straight from the source."

The actual executable name of the MCT now changes with each Feature Update and the 4-digit Windows 10 Version is the last 4 characters of the MCT's name. That way you can know immediately which version of Windows 10 it was intended to create media for. Once a given version goes out of support, if you try to run the MCT for it you will get a message telling you that you need to download the latest MCT.

Astralv

Distinguished
Is there anything I need to enable on Asus Tuf MoBo to install to M.2? I remember in 2017, when I was building Kaby Lake, it was keeping giving me error and would not install, I had to call Asus, but now I can't remember what that was. Something about CPIe mode to be changed to something else in BIOS?

Is there any value in saving those older builds? I once needed it because my hardware did not have drivers for newer version, but even if I ever install older version, Microsoft will force me to update it so no reason to hoard them, right?
Thank you.

USAFRet

Titan
You shouldn't need to do anything special with the motherboard.
They, and the OS, now know how to talk to an NVMe drive natively.

As always, have only that one drive connected when you do this install.
Reconnect other ones after.