[SOLVED] Best Way to extend a 200mbps line?

alexakis99

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2012
Hello everyone,
I was thinking of getting a 200mbps line and splitting it with my friends who happen to live on the apartments next to mine.
Each apartment is about 5m afar.
Is it easy to do so or am i stretching it's limits?Is it possible to use QoS and guarantee 200/3 mbps for each user if all of us use the network at once?
Can it be done on a cheap router/wifi extender,like 30-40$ each?
Have any recommendations?
Thanks

Solution
The best way is a combination of an Ethernet cable and an honor system with some QoS assistance.

Wireless is pretty unreliable and unpredictable in a high density situation like an apartment complex and powerline adapters may or may not work depending on how the electrical breakers are configured between your apartments.

QOS is not very effective in providing strict limitations at a "guaranteed level" but it may assist.

RealBeast

Titan
The best way is a combination of an Ethernet cable and an honor system with some QoS assistance.

Wireless is pretty unreliable and unpredictable in a high density situation like an apartment complex and powerline adapters may or may not work depending on how the electrical breakers are configured between your apartments.

QOS is not very effective in providing strict limitations at a "guaranteed level" but it may assist.

Solution