Best way to gain viewers in twitch?

funnydavid99

Proper
May 9, 2018
Is there anyway to gain viewers on twitch a little faster than usual?
Also i have a second gaming pc how can i use that to stream while my gaming pc is just use for gaming.

The best way to get viewers is to have a schedule and stick with it.
Stream consistently, on a regular basis, dont deviate from it if you can.
Play something you enjoy, something you can make entertaining with little to no dead air while you play.

There is no secret to it, just commit to it and expect slow results.

funnydavid99

Proper
May 9, 2018

what if i dont wanna use my voice in the stream? will i get less viewers

It largely depends. What kind of gameplay are you going to be doing?
Generally speaking people go on twitch to watch their favorite "personalities" play a specific game. What do you have to offer that they dont?

You could certainly do a stream with no voice over, but your gameplay will have to make up for it. IE top level competitive play requires no commentary to be enjoyable.

Overall though, if you are unwilling to interact with the gameplay and the stream, you wont get many viewers.

It's gotta be novel mate. Gam3r01 is on point with that - you only get people watching you play if you're (pick at least one):
1. Better than them
2. Entertaining
3. Insightful

No voice basically axes #2 and 3, so you'd better be a winner for #1. Otherwise, what are you even offering them that they can't just get from their own play? The odd stupid mistake or lucky play they could laugh at?

funnydavid99

Proper
May 9, 2018

well i have a shit mic and im really good at csgo/fornite.

funnydavid99

Proper
May 9, 2018

well im lucky in fornite when building somehow i build to the high ground and just jump and 360 noscope people.

How good is really good? Good enough to have people leaning in waiting for what happens next to avoid the lack of commentary?

You would be surprised at how generous some people can be, even if you have a bad microphone but you yourself are entertaining, they will still stick around and watch.

My next question, and this is the important one, but also simple. Why are you wanting to stream?

funnydavid99

Proper
May 9, 2018

just for fun atm. just want people to watch me play. and im planning on getting a better microphone later on.

In that case, go ahead and do it. Use your terrible microphone, do whatever you have to do, just stream on a regular basis.
You risk nothing starting right now, waiting will only hurt you in the long run, as will not doing commentary.

If you said you wanted to do this for anything other than fun I would have told you to drop it, too many people think twitch is an instant money maker. Just do it for fun, be yourself, people will watch. This will get you into the affiliate program sooner than waiting would.

funnydavid99

Proper
May 9, 2018

I do have a lot of back ground noise in my house i live with my family

Do some recording on Audacity (google it, free audio dl. Could be useful anyhow) and see what the pick up is. Tbh, a lot of mics aren't really even that great for distance pickup, sound isolation or not. One thing you'd want to be careful about is headset bleed-through, which is where your mic pics up the sounds coming into your headphones.